Covpass … Green Pass … app … wallet … SafePass …

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Covpass … Green Pass … app … wallet … SafePass …

Post by MacManiac »

There is a barrage of information regarding all of these terms, and I am lost in it all. I am happy to produce my vaccination record as a SafePass but would much prefer something digital. I would hate to lose the vaccination record, as I suspect it would be inconvenient to get another one.

I have seen people turned away in bars and restaurants when they proffered their phones with all sorts of stuff on them. I have no intention of travelling from Cyprus but I would prefer a way to “prove” my status. Is something on the way? Or am I lost in the details? The only thing I never leave home without is my mobile phone so something on there would be ideal.
wantoosoon

Re: Covpass … Green Pass … app … wallet … SafePass …

Post by wantoosoon »

There's a government 'CovPass' app on the way which is designed for domestic use. It's been just around the corner for a while though.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

'Based on the decisions of the Council of Ministers, dated 2 and 7 July 2021, and aiming at the suppression of the dispersion of the virus SARS-CoV-2, as of the 9th July, in places where SafePass is required, individuals aged 12 and above must hold one of the following:

Certificate of vaccination with at least one dose of the vaccine. A period of three weeks must have elapsed from the day of the administration.
Proof that they have been infected with COVID-19 during the last six months.
Certificate of a PCR negative test or a negative rapid antigen test result, valid for 72 hours.

https://www.pio.gov.cy/en/press-release ... 21552#flat
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

'The EU digital Covid certificate can only be used to travel across European borders but does not represent a valid certificate to access venues in Cyprus, according to the Deputy Minister of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy Kyriakos Kokkinos'.
https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/09/coro ... or-travel/

As jeba has mentioned previously the CovPass App is used by Germany - I have seen posts on FB today stating the Cyprus CovPass App is available
on Playstore but the link takes you to the App for Germany. Cyprus has yet to release its equivalent version.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Thanks to all who responded. It looks like “wait and see”.
Varky

Post by Varky »

More (back)passes than the English football team. :lol:
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

I was at Evangelismos Hospital yesterday waiting outside for my wife whilst my wife had her CT scan, and could see people offering their Safepass to be allowed to enter. The vast majority showed their phone and it was obvious many were not iPhones. So what were they using?
WHL

Post by WHL »

MacManiac wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:32 am I was at Evangelismos Hospital yesterday waiting outside for my wife whilst my wife had her CT scan, and could see people offering their Safepass to be allowed to enter. The vast majority showed their phone and it was obvious many were not iPhones. So what were they using?
I dont have an I phone, I downloaded Green pass from player, and put my covid pass on there
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

We had our various documents laminated yesterday - far quicker for me to show them than anything on my mobile.

Green Pass is a popular App for the SafePass.

Not sure if it was the Green Pass App or CovPass Cyprus App that was having issues - some people on FB had uploaded their vaccination details a few days ago and for some reason it no longer showed on their mobiles and they had to upload from their EUDCC again.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

galexinda wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:56 pm Not sure if it was the Green Pass App or CovPass Cyprus App that was having issues - some people on FB had uploaded their vaccination details a few days ago and for some reason it no longer showed on their mobiles and they had to upload from their EUDCC again.
That was CovPass Cyprus I suspect as I had this issue and posted on the thread.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Still no sign of the Covpass app for Android phones as far as I am aware. Long gone are the days when I worked and had a new iPhone every couple of years.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

I see the Covpass app for Android has finally arrived in the Google store. That was the good news. The bad news is that it was roundly castigated in the reviews. Hmm …
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

Not sure why - it is the simplest thing to do ... once you've gone back into eudcc.gov.cy and generated a new QR code with a TAN number (which wasn't on the original certificate when it first came out.
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Yes done ours today as we travel in Europe quite a bit.

Download Covpass Cyprus on the Playstore. Don’t use scan. Go back to https://www.eudcc.gov.cy/ to generate a new certificate then instead of emailing or downloading, scroll down and there is an option to Import to Covpass. Click that and it will open up and populate your Covpass automatically

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Decided to bite the bullet and was greeted by the sign that my device wasn’t supported (Samsung Galaxy A7 2016). So that’s that.
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

given the same message on my Samsung s6 but maybe because you don't have security on your phone (password/pin/picture).
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

andytspencer wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:26 pm given the same message on my Samsung s6 but maybe because you don't have security on your phone (password/pin/picture).
Not quite sure what you mean?
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

Problems Installing COVpass app

from toytown referencing iphone
I found CovPass app in my U.S.-set Apple AppStore. After installing though it wouldn't scan my QR code. The issue was that I don't have a password/PIN to open my iPhone. Germans love their data security. The CovPass app will only work when the iPhone has an active password to open it.

My experience was that once I activated the password (yeah, more secure but what a pain) then the CovPass app worked. then when I turned off the iPhone's password protection the CovPass no longer had any data in it. When I turned the iPhone's password back on, the data was still gone. So, CovPass app works to protect data security - but you gotta live with signing in to your iPhone.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Or.. Just show a copy of your vaccination paper
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:28 pm Or.. Just show a copy of your vaccination paper
Yes, much easier!