Coolmax mattress

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Coolmax mattress

Post by kansas »

We went to look at mattresses in Evsonas today. We were shown several memory foam ones and we mentioned that we'd heard that you shouldn't use an electric under blanket with them. There is no way we're giving up our electric blanket! We were then shown a coolmax mattress which is memory foam one side and gel on the other, the idea being that the gel is used for summer time and the memory foam for winter time. However, it still doesn't answer the question of whether or not we could use our electric blanket on either side. Evsonas couldn't answer our question either.

Has anyone any experience, or advice?

Thanks
Jim B

Re: Coolmax mattress

Post by Jim B »

kansas wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:30 pm We went to look at mattresses in Evsonas today. We were shown several memory foam ones and we mentioned that we'd heard that you shouldn't use an electric under blanket with them. There is no way we're giving up our electric blanket! We were then shown a coolmax mattress which is memory foam one side and gel on the other, the idea being that the gel is used for summer time and the memory foam for winter time. However, it still doesn't answer the question of whether or not we could use our electric blanket on either side. Evsonas couldn't answer our question either.

Has anyone any experience, or advice?

Thanks
Yes, we have one and the wife just said it's "Absolutely Wonderful" and I find its very good too.
I just read an electric overblanket is OK with memory foam but not to use an underblanket.

Jim
kansas

Post by kansas »

Thanks Jim, much appreciated.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I have a box spring mattress, with a 10cm memory foam layer on top. I have used my electric heated back pad with it. Immediately on top of the mattress is a thick quilted cotton mattress protector, which is covered by a fitted cotton sheet. I put my electric back pad on top.
I have not had any problems using it this way on full heat, but it is timed to go off automatically after 1.5hrs.which suits me as I don't want it on all night.

Dee
RLK

Post by RLK »

Who knew there is a site dedicated to electric blankets?
https://www.electric-blankets.co.uk/blo ... m-mattress
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Far too technical for me. Just keep you feet warm with one of these & you will end up as cosy as a bug
hot water botle.jpg
hot water botle.jpg (4.87 KiB) Viewed 773 times