SafePass - have I missed something

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
aphrodite

SafePass - have I missed something

Post by aphrodite »

I understood that supermarkets and pharmacies were exempt from requesting to see your pass to allow entry. Is this correct please?
Last edited by aphrodite on Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galexinda

Re: CovidPass - have I missed something

Post by galexinda »

Section 83 in this link explains some of the points raised for residents: https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... 1%20EN.pdf

Tourists need to show their Cyprus Flight Pass.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

It’s seems it could be changing again shortly…..

Reports indicate that the enforcement of the SafePass is likely to widen, set to encompass businesses with fewer than 20 people – likely including kiosks and mini-markets.

The Cyprus News Agency cited sources as saying that the health minister will make the proposal tomorrow at the council of ministers meeting.

Currently, many businesses with fewer than 20 people are exempt from the SafePass requirement but the latest measure – if enforced – would see daily life essentially impossible without SafePass compliance.

The new decree is set to be issued on August 1 when free rapid testing for the unvaccinated comes into effect.

Another notable proposal is that unvaccinated workers in care homes will be required to take a PCR test every 48 hours.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2021/07/29/coro ... iscussion/
aphrodite

Re: SafePass - have I missed something

Post by aphrodite »

Thank you all for your replies, looks like I missed the update :oops:
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Wensbry wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:51 pm It changed in the last update, any store capable of holding twenty people including staff now require safepass
So what about a tavern that does not seat 20 people outside please.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

All restaurants and bars have to request a safe pass and patrons have to be seated and served at tables. Masks must be worn whenever walking about.
All things are possible
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Chaddy,
See point 5 in Press Office FAQs in relation to rules in relation to current decree:

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... s%20EN.pdf

Ian
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

All these new health measures, if properly enforced will make life very difficult for anyone unvaccinated, who does not have a valid medical reason for this.
But if this makes those anti vaxers who are eligible to be vaccinated decide that their lives would be much easier, as well as potentially much safer - go to be vaccinated, then so much the better for us all!

Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Where is a SafePass required?
In all indoor and outdoor areas as well as in premises where, subject to the distancing measures in accordance with the relevant guidelines and health protocols, there is the possibility of more than 10 persons gathering including employees, persons aged 12 years or older are required to present a SafePass. It is recalled that places where a SafePass presentation is required include retailers, beverage and food retailers, catering places, entertainment places, etc.
https://www.pio.gov.cy/en/press-release ... 21951#flat
dodo

Post by dodo »

I think some places are asking for it regardless.
Charity shop last wk asked me when only 2 staff present and 1 customer and today at a bakery 3 staff and no other customers