Watch out

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Watch out

Post by lotus »

Hi folks I have heard of two cases today from friends who have found scorpions in their foot ware,luckily like me they always check before putting shoes or boots on,so check your shoes,I actually found one on the bedroom wall last night which went swiftly up the Hoover as it was out of reach of being flattened by a slipper!
bromerzz

Re: Watch out

Post by bromerzz »

I always hold shoes or boots so the opening points down and bang them sole to sole a couple of times before putting them on. With luck that dislodges anything that has crawled in overnight, especially if you live in a rural area or spend time outdoors.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Good idea,was told when first moved years ago to check shoes and boots in fact anything that's been lying around that you pick up,wellingtons seem a favorite to harbour nasties!
lotus

Post by lotus »

Hope you haven't jinxed yourself by saying you've never seen a scorpion in Cyprus!
WHL

Post by WHL »

I regularly crunch a snail or two in my trainers that I leave outside
lotus

Post by lotus »

Good job snails don't bite ,mind you I would be surprised if they were alive after a time in you're trainers😉
WHL

Post by WHL »

lotus wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:36 pm Good job snails don't bite ,mind you I would be surprised if they were alive after a time in you're trainers😉
I think its the sexy, aroma that attracts, the buggers and believe me living next to a field, there's enough to start a snail farm :shock:
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Scorpions can often be found in old tree stumps or rocks at the base of trees, believe me there are plenty out there.
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

In a recent winter, I went upstairs to put the electric blanket on and found a small Scorpion under the Duvet. I covered it with tissues to take outside - and it stung me!! So much for trying to be nice! My finger throbbed all night and was very sore. Never again. I always check more carefully now - then will call Husband if I find one!! LOL xx
Ruth x

Qui Me Amat, Amet et canem meum
lotus

Post by lotus »

In my old village a few years ago a woman was bit by a scorpion that was in her shoe and she had to go to hospital,the bite had caused a very nasty reaction
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Before we changed the windows to UPVC, we had a couple breeding in the aluminium framework of the old type of window. They didn't seem to like plastic-framed windows, as we have never seen one since.
lotus

Post by lotus »

A few weeks ago I had to rush one of our cats to the vets,they were certain it was a scorpion sting,poor thing was touch and go for a week but made it home safe and well😺 A big Thankyou to D and N vets!
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Scorpions do not bite ! They sting with their venomous tail spike ! I have had the misfortune to be stung by one not life threatening but painful none the less ! I beleive there are two types in Cyprus the most common a small kakhi brown one common amongst wood piles and garden waste
lotus

Post by lotus »

Sorry bmwx5, of course they sting!
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

If you have a UV light source use it on an evening and you maybe surprised how many scorpions you may have around your property since they show up as white to this light