Earth moving costs

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jeba

Earth moving costs

Post by jeba »

I´m considering to buy a building plot in Stroumpi. The plot is pretty sloped so there will be quite some earth moving to be done. Can any of you recommend how to go about getting in idea of the cost? A construction/earth moving company I could ask for a quote in that area? Any experiences? Are we talking about € 1000 / € 5000 / € 50000 to level a 900 sqm plot on a 15% slope? I wouldn´t want to find out that the cost of earth moving will be higher than the purchase price of the plot after having signed the contract.
WHL

Re: Earth moving costs

Post by WHL »

jeba wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:52 am I´m considering to buy a building plot in Stroumpi. The plot is pretty sloped so there will be quite some earth moving to be done. Can any of you recommend how to go about getting in idea of the cost? A construction/earth moving company I could ask for a quote in that area? Any experiences? Are we talking about € 1000 / € 5000 / € 50000 to level a 900 sqm plot on a 15% slope? I wouldn´t want to find out that the cost of earth moving will be higher than the purchase price of the plot after having signed the contract.
Instead of getting people speculating on the cost, give a civil engineer/architect company a call, and get a true up to date rough guide.
lotus

Post by lotus »

Go and see the Muktar,he will know plenty of digger drivers locally,sure one will do the job for cash,make sure the new road isn't going close to your plot though!
jeba

Post by jeba »

lotus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:28 pm Go and see the Muktar,he will know plenty of digger drivers locally,sure one will do the job for cash,make sure the new road isn't going close to your plot though!
Thanks, will try to get in touch. What do you mean by "...make sure the new road isn't going close to your plot though..."
I don´t want a new road, I just want a level plot. Am I missing something here?
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

jeba wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:17 pm
lotus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:28 pm Go and see the Muktar,he will know plenty of digger drivers locally,sure one will do the job for cash,make sure the new road isn't going close to your plot though!
Thanks, will try to get in touch. What do you mean by "...make sure the new road isn't going close to your plot though..."
One of the many posts concerning this road...
https://www.paphoslife.com/blog/polis-motorway-part-2

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Also be on the lookout for gypsum.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jeba

Post by jeba »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:42 pm
jeba wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:17 pm
One of the many posts concerning this road...
https://www.paphoslife.com/blog/polis-motorway-part-2

Max
Thanks a lot. That is indeed something to have in mind. The plot I´m looking at is about 160 m West of the B7. Will that new road just widen the B7 or will it run East or West of it in the Stroumpi area? What department must I turn to in order to find out?
lotus

Post by lotus »

Not to sure what department you need,planning maybe? You should get a rough idea from the new preposed route map,we looked at a lovely plot in Stroumbi many years ago but studying the new road route decided road noise even though we weren't that close would be an issue,also be very careful what builder you chose!!
jeba

Post by jeba »

lotus wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:27 pm be very careful what builder you chose!!
Any suggestions?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Jeba, I do think that you're approaching the subject in a round about way. May I suggest that you speak to a Civil Engineer and an Architect to view the plot and from them get all the facts you need. Seeing the local Muktar is also a very good idea.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Another warning as well.. If you are levelling the land and then building in the near future you will be building on 'filled land' ie not very stable..
Trev..
jeba

Post by jeba »

Any recommendations for a civil engineer in the area?
lotus

Post by lotus »

Agree Trev but if your digging a slice out of the slope for the house done properly it shouldn't be a problem,it's vital that Jeba gets a reputable builder who will sort everything out for him,Jeba off hand I can't think of a builder,ask around some of the Brits in Stroumbi to find one who can recommend a builder
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Jeba,
You would be wise to act on this good advice. You really appear to need professional advice, so select a good architect, surveyor and so on The architect should be better able to help you select a good builder. Also, if you haven't already got a solicitor, you will need one who can advise you.
It will work out better for you and help to avoid making any costly mistakes.

Dee
emgee

Post by emgee »

Get a brief to help you.

Alan
jeba

Post by jeba »

Tanny wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:44 pm Any thing on a slope will probably need some amount of retention, so why not spent a wee bit extra and have an engineering and geological report made.

Why not bite the bullet and have a professional actually do some work for you. Contrary to the opinion of many there is some very good businesses in Cyprus.
Well, I´m willing to ask a professional for help. Can you recommend a civil engineer from the Paphos region?
daveg

Post by daveg »

lotus

Post by lotus »

What are you thinking of building on this plot? Have you sought planning permission,is there easy access to the plot,any close neighbours,electric and water close by?,make certain the boundaries of the plot are right and deeds are available,there are many boundary disputes usually in the villages so be aware,good luck
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jeba

Post by jeba »

lotus wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:58 am What are you thinking of building on this plot? Have you sought planning permission,is there easy access to the plot,any close neighbours,electric and water close by?,make certain the boundaries of the plot are right and deeds are available,there are many boundary disputes usually in the villages so be aware,good luck
I want to build a bungalow (probably premanufactured and maybe a metal house) and a garage. Electricity/water etc. are on site already. I´ve not decided to buy yet though as there is another plot on offer that also seems to fulfill my requirements (price, quietness, building permits, electricty, distance to town) in Limassol district which I´m still lacking some information on. Any recommendations for a civil engineer in Limassol anyone? :)