Information for flights to and from Cyprus

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Information for flights to and from Cyprus

Post by Dominic »

This is a summary of links for the information you may need when flying to and from Cyprus. It also covers flying to the UK from Cyprus. Please look at this before asking any questions on the forum.

Read the article and chat about it below...

cyprus-flight-summary.jpg
cyprus-flight-summary.jpg (92.91 KiB) Viewed 15447 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
glang3000

Re: Information for flights to and from Cyprus

Post by glang3000 »

That is really useful, thank you.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

Please do you have the current information regarding entry into Cyprus ?

There is so much conflicting information out there.

Thanks

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

One thing that has not been widely publicised is the fact that being in the amber category means that your travel insurance is invalid, so even if somebody is prepared to pay for the testing and suffer the 10 day quarantine when back in the UK, it means travelling without proper travel insurance which for most people including us is a no no.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

That's strange, this morning I arranged travel insurance through Staysure, what makes you think that this can't be done, it has.

I won't 'suffer' ten days quarantine, it's worth it to see my family who I haven't seen since 2019. After months of lockdown, ten days is small price to pay.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

I contacted Saga this morning who cover me on a special policy separate to our family travel insurance as I have a heart condition and they told me that as travelling to amber listed countries is against Foreign office advice you are not covered. My wife is still awaiting a response from Nationwide on the main policy. I guess the 10 day quarantine is dependent upon personal circumstance and when we came back from Cyprus we quarantined for 10 days without a problem and would do again but it is risky me travelling without travel insurance, so we have decided to wait until Cyrus goes green.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Don't understand that at all. I went through all the legal bits on the phone with them, they never mentioned Cyprus being in amber, and I have the policy document here with me now. My flight isn't booked until 25th June, so maybe that's why. Or, yes at the moment you can't travel to Cyprus, but on 17th May it won't be against Foreign Office advice, or it's up to the different insurance companies, let's face it, they will have taken a hit like the rest.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Just queried this with my insurance company, on my policy I have cover even if the advice is 'only for essential reasons'. It cost me an added £7.38 for this cover. Worth considering, maybe Saga don't offer that cover.
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

Yes thanks, I know that you can get 'bolt-ons' for such things but it gets a bit messy and expensive if you don't had a standard policy in the first place as is my case, thanks to my dodgy ticker. If the amber thing drags on then it may be something we consider. I originally made the point on the forum because I believe a number of people with annual policies are not aware that they are not covered for travel to amber rated countries unless they have paid for the extended cover, they may only find out once they get a claim rejected.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Yes I see, well good luck, hope you make it to beautiful Cyprus soon.

Personally, I'm not counting my chickens, it all went pear shaped for me last year, what will be, will be.

Jackie