The Joy of brexit

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

The Joy of brexit

Post by WHL »

Had a wasted journey to the post office today, I have a package I wanted to send to a family member in London, arrived at the post office with my package, and was told due to Brexit, all packages being sent to non EU countries need a customs code, to get this code you need to go on line, at www.cypruspost.post, and fill in an on line form, giving sender details, the person who it is being sent too, value etc etc....they issue you with a code which you need to use..... another big thank you to everyone who wanted Brexit, Enjoy the hustle you will now have for doing simple tasks.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: The Joy of brexit

Post by Dominic »

Bendy bananas!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

How can you use the title "Happy" when you are obviously not......
youngrw

Post by youngrw »

Stop whingeing, Brexit is done. Get on with it.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Material benefit to Brexit, my income has increased and with the added benefit that it constantly offends those that opposed it. I am having a ball as a result of the fact that I got what I wanted.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Diocletian, I suspect you just enjoy winding people up!
Perhaps you could give it a rest as you are now gloating.

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Diocletian wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:48 am Material benefit to Brexit, my income has increased and with the added benefit that it constantly offends those that opposed it. I am having a ball as a result of the fact that I got what I wanted.
Congratulations :roll:
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

I will give it a rest when the remoaners do likewise.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

One of things about Brexit is there there will a certain number of people with absolute hatred bubbling inside them everyday because it’s not what they wanted.

It’s happened, there is not a lot any of us can do other than crack on with life and adjust before you make yourselves ill with the spite....some of you adjusted well after the industrial revolution so I’m sure you can do it again. 😉
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Surely this week should see the 1st £350 million cash injection into the NHS?

I don’t actually see this news in the media

Still never mind at least I can look forward to getting my blue passport in 6 years time when the black one only has 6 months to run!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Out of curiosity what did you lot argue about before Brexit came along?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Entry into the Common Market?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I for one expected that customs regulations would kick in after Brexit, surely I'm not alone in that.

Likewise duty free :) I though it was a given.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Beechwood wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:09 pm Surely this week should see the 1st £350 million cash injection into the NHS?

Still never mind at least I can look forward to getting my blue passport in 6 years time when the black one only has 6 months to run!
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/no ... t-17649663 But the Government has nonetheless found extra funding for the NHS. And it comes to more than the £350m a week, or £18.2 billion a year, that was promised.

It’s introduced legislation placing a legal duty on the Government to guarantee a minimum level of spending every year, rising to £148.5 billion by 2023/24. This is an increase of £33.9 billion a year compared to today.
I suggest you look a bit harder in the news media and you may just find it.
Last edited by Jimgym on Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Diocletian wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:33 pm I will give it a rest when the remoaners do likewise.
As they never will I shall look forward to your continued comments! :lol:
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

A great source of joy to me is Lloyd’s evident misery, and I detect I’m not alone in that.

Lloyd has made 5500 mostly anti- Brexit/UK posts over the past four years.
Say each post took ten minutes, including finding links to scholarly research in such erudite and independent organs as The Independent, Yahoo Finance, The BBC and the Guardian.
That has taken 55000 minutes of Lloyd’s life.
Which is almost 1000 hours, which is forty days and forty nights of Lloyd’s life.

Which was a complete waste of time, since the will of the British people prevailed.

So have you learnt anything from this Lloyd? Or will you yet again prove the definition of insanity correct: when it states that insanity is repeating the same thing over and again and expecting to get a different result?

Rule Britannia!

Jon.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:47 pm
Beechwood wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:09 pm Surely this week should see the 1st £350 million cash injection into the NHS?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/no ... 7649663But the Government has nonetheless found extra funding for the NHS. And it comes to more than the £350m a week, or £18.2 billion a year, that was promised.

It’s introduced legislation placing a legal duty on the Government to guarantee a minimum level of spending every year, rising to £148.5 billion by 2023/24. This is an increase of £33.9 billion a year compared to today.

https://fullfact.org/election-2019/nhs- ... est-boost/
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

kingfisher wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:54 pm A great source of joy to me is Lloyd’s evident misery, and I detect I’m not alone in that.

Say each post took ten minutes, including finding links to scholarly research in such erudite and independent organs as The Independent, Yahoo Finance, The BBC and the Guardian.
Which is almost 1000 hours, which is forty days and forty nights of Lloyd’s life.

Which was a complete waste of time, since the will of the British people prevailed.

So have you learnt anything from this Lloyd? Or will you yet again prove the definition of insanity correct: when it states that insanity is repeating the same thing over and again and expecting to get a different result?

Rule Britannia!

Jon.
Remember Jon, he who laughs last laughs longest, being honest I thought you were above gloating but it must be a leavers trait.
Like last week on here when I was told to destroy my passport and get a Cypriot one because I pointed out a few home truths and they weren't liked.
The problem is none of us are winners as the Fisher Folk and financial service industry just found out as they were sold down the river and I believe many of the 17.2 million leavers are starting to realise that as well.

Jim

,ps

https://www.ft.com/content/a434b756-afe ... 2d42ea8d55
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

kingfisher wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:54 pm A great source of joy to me is Lloyd’s evident misery, and I detect I’m not alone in that.

Rule Britannia!

Jon.
Oooft, what a flipping Plonker. . . . .of the highest order. I do not always agree with Lloyd but, we always agree to disagree. That's OK.

Incidentally Jon, have you taken 40 minutes (or even two) to think about how the Scottish people voted? Just asking. 😁

Maggie B

PS Self rightous little gits just totally rip my knitting!!! On whatever side.
Last edited by Maggie B on Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:47 pm

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/no ... 7649663But the Government has nonetheless found extra funding for the NHS. And it comes to more than the £350m a week, or £18.2 billion a year, that was promised.

Sums weren’t your forte at school, were they!