The State of Trump

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
mike strand2

Re: The State of Trump

Post by mike strand2 »

I think the Heading should now be 'THE FATE OF TRUMP?'
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

That’s if he really does have Covid... it would be Sod’s law and deserved, given his dismissal of it, but it would not surprise me if this was a ruse.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Jimgward wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:19 pm
Chaddy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:09 pm
Les Bean wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:29 pm Black unemployment
Screenshot_20200928_151512_com.opera.browser.jpg
Latest election poll

https://ig.ft.com/us-election-2020/
Covid????
Nah Trump being seen as a liar, thief, charlatan, racist, hypocrite, stupid, two-timing, misogynist ... but otherwise, I quite like him!
[/quote

Jimgward,it appears you are getting your information from the UK media and worse still maybe the BBC.
My daughter who is now a US citizen has just sent us a video showing a gathering outside the White House of over a million Trump supporters.Looking at the video it is clear that there MUST be over a million people there.
The BBC did not reported it as far as i know. ( You know,the same BBC that buys more of the left wing Guardian newspaper than any other )
A leading UK national paper reported there was only " a few thousand" :(
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Chaddy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:48 am Jimgward,it appears you are getting your information from the UK media and worse still maybe the BBC.
You are obviously very brainwashed. The BBC has received more accolades for accurate and impartial reporting than any other media chain. Or, are you pulling our legs with your criticisms?
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

There is solid evidence of photoshopped GOP pictures of the ‘million’ - it WS estimated to be less than 12,000 at the MAGA rally - one of whom was Trump himself - unable to show any form of humility at his embarrassing defeat by over 5million votes
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Devil wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:56 am
Chaddy wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:48 am Jimgward,it appears you are getting your information from the UK media and worse still maybe the BBC.
You are obviously very brainwashed. The BBC has received more accolades for accurate and impartial reporting than any other media chain. Or, are you pulling our legs with your criticisms?
The BBC has received more accolades for accurate and IMPRTIAL reporting :lol: Do you mean the BBC that spends MORE on the left wing Guardian newspaper than any other paper :roll: and you say that I,M brainwashed?
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Sounds like someone got their zero's confuddled.

In the days following a mass gathering of U.S. President Donald Trump’s supporters in downtown Washington, D.C. posts on social media claimed that “more than one MILLION marchers” had come to the nation’s capital on Nov. 14 in support of the president. This claim is false. The number of Trump supporters at the “Million MAGA March” ranged from media estimates of “thousands” to an estimate of hundreds of thousands by event organizers, neither close to, nor more than, 1 million.

More on this story:
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN27Z2KI
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Chaddy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:47 am
The BBC has received more accolades for accurate and IMPRTIAL reporting :lol: Do you mean the BBC that spends MORE on the left wing Guardian newspaper than any other paper :roll: and you say that I,M brainwashed?
That is a downright lie and you know it. Firstly, the BBC does not spend a penny on the news in the Guardian. Both are entirely independent. If they happen to publish the same news item, maybe it is because it is the truth (if you know the meaning of the word). Secondly, the Guardian is financed entirely by the Scott Trust. If you had taken the bother of five minutes research on the Internet, you would have found that out. The BBC finances are independent of any other news organisation and are mostly funded by the UK licence fee. Other monies are also explained in the following article, if you can read it.

https://www.bbc.com/aboutthebbc/governance/licencefee

May I respectfully request that you cease and desist from the lies that you have been posting on this forum.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Devil,you have every right to your political opinion of course which i respect.However i resent being accused of telling lies,why should i?
Headline to an article in the Daily Mail October 11th written by Scarlot Howes...."BBC spends more on left wing Guardian than any other paper "..So are you saying that the Daily Mail ( the UKs biggest selling daily ) " tell lies.oh dear if you are correct then i and over 4 million readers have been told porky,s. :o
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Les Bean wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:06 am
Chaddy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:11 am Devil,you have every right to your political opinion of course which i respect.However i resent being accused of telling lies,why should i?
Headline to an article in the Daily Mail October 11th written by Scarlot Howes...."BBC spends more on left wing Guardian than any other paper "..So are you saying that the Daily Mail ( the UKs biggest selling daily ) " tell lies.oh dear if you are correct then i and over 4 million readers have been told porky,s. :o
Not lies exactly, but a misleading headline. She was having a gripe because her own newspaper was not the most purchased. The monetary figures were how much was spent on buying newspapers.,and the Guardian figure was highest because of the cover price. The most number of newspapers purchased was the Times and Sunday Times...... thus using the same statistics a headline could read "bbc buys more copies of right wing Times than any other paper"
Oh, just another headline yesterday in the Daily Mail written by Paul Revoir " BBC,s TV news more biased than all rivals,say viewers "..Deary me,should i and 4 million others stop reading this paper as it prints " misleading headlines " ? :?
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I've given up trying to read any article from the Daily Mail. Can't get to any kind of news for popups and adverts.
That tells me they're relying on income from people not actually reading the news.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Enlarge the Daily Mail page so that the adverts down either side are not seen on the screen .
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Chaddy wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:11 am Devil,you have every right to your political opinion of course which i respect.However i resent being accused of telling lies,why should i?
For your information, I do not have a firm political opinion, other than being a pacifist, neither left-wing nor right-wing. However, the link below shows that the BBC and other British broadcasters have to, by law, be as neutral as possible. Maybe you would like to explore the link to find what it says about your favourite sources of "news".

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/united-k ... a-profile/
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:34 am Enlarge the Daily Mail page so that the adverts down either side are not seen on the screen .
Depends on the device....
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

The BBC probably commissioned that lie, :lol:
Last edited by Uncle D on Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Uncle D wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:20 am
The BBC probably commissioned that lie, 😃
THE GUARDIAN :o they would say that,,,,,would,nt they?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Chaddy wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:26 am
Uncle D wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:20 am
The BBC probably commissioned that lie, 😃
THE GUARDIAN :o they would say that,,,,,would,nt they?
No , the Guardian reported it, they didnt "say it" as you suggested.
You can go on line and Google ""Wikipedia and the Daily Mail", it's covered by many news outlets, even by Wikipedia.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Chaddy wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:47 am
Research seen by the UKs biggest selling newspaper shows that out of 364 comedy slots broadcast by the BBC over the past month only 4 featured comedians with explicit conservative or pro brexit views.By contrast 268 slots where filled by comedians with publicly pronounced left leaning or woke views.And someone wrote on this posting that the BBC where..........impartial :roll: