Metal or Glass Railings

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Jimgward

Metal or Glass Railings

Post by Jimgward »

Hi

Any recommendations for balcony railings? Want to replace wooden ones and need zero maintenance - so either stainless, or glass, or powder-coated wanted. 2 large balconies.

Thanks

Jim
glowred

Re: Metal or Glass Railings

Post by glowred »

I would go for stainless steel and glass. Ensure the stainless steel is not the cheap option from China as it will soon show rust spots. Powder coated will eventually fail with the harsh sun and painted aluminum or steel need maintenance over the years.

The 2 people that I have used in the past are Cyprus Metalcraft and Porterfield Ironwork

Neil
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Thanks Neil
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

My neighbour who has a large terrace that over looks Lighthouse Beach 200-300m away had aluminium and glass fitted by DS Aluminium 3 years ago and they still look as good as new

I had a quote for my smaller balcony and decided to leave the metal ones as I do get a sea breeze through the gaps taht are most welcoming so decided against it

The young lady ( Antonia ) was a delight to deal with

They are based near the new road going in at the back of the old flea market next to the Coca Cola factory

Contact details are

http://dsaluminium.simplesite.com/423835151