Jet 2

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
DavidatLWH

Re: Jet 2

Post by DavidatLWH »

Paul & Lesley wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm I worked for Jet2 in Paphos and after three month I engineered away to get sacked by them.

Boy was I glad to get out of that company.
You don't have much luck with employers, do you? As I recall, you were slagging off a car hire company last year (KEM?) :roll:
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

dodo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:59 pm Its something we've planned for years so wont be giving up quite yet. If we knew what was happening regarding residency after 31st it would be easier. Might leave it couple months till things little clearer then maybe Nov come out and rent for awhile whilst looking for a home.
I think it is the residency that is driving our desire to move to Cyprus before 31 Dec so we are still hopeful of being able to move Sept/Oct time. Looking at the requirements for 3rd country Nationals, I'm not sure we would be able to qualify if we left it till next year.
Paul

Post by Paul »

DavidatLWH
(KEM?)
Just shows what you know that was over 2 1/2 years ago!!
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Paul & Lesley wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:16 pm DavidatLWH
(KEM?)
Just shows what you know that was over 2 1/2 years ago!!
Not quite. Your posts were from July 16, last year. And you seemed a tad obsessed by the company. :roll:
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Paul & Lesley wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:38 pm I worked for Jet2 in Paphos and after three month I engineered away to get sacked by them.

Boy was I glad to get out of that company.

One day at a training session the manager asked if a staff member could loan the office a printer as they needed one.

First: - a multimillion pound company that cannot supply a new office with a printer!!

Second:- your told we are going to a pub for a drink across the road the and first one is on the company, only to find the pub across the road is closed!!

This was on the same day!!!

So you can see why I wanted out of there.

Hoo Yes I got my full pay from them.
I found them an excellent company to work for, yes I was made redundant in April but this pandemic is affecting everything
I guess you get out of the job what you put in, I was treated with nothing but respect and I was very proud to wear the red hot uniform
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

mike strand2 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:04 pm Your search was obviously more thorough than mine. I wasn't looking for package holidays, just flights without too many restrictions. Surely the best answer is to stay in your home country for a change and plan something special for next year.

It's package holidays which are most badly affected. So many people have money held up with cancellations left right and centre trying to get it back or juggling dates and keep pushing them back or switching destinations. Not only that, hotels aren't opening because flights aren't operating fully and tour operators don't get to know until the last minute, which leads to more cancellations.

We don't want to stay in our own country for holidays either, we prefer to go overseas and discover new places. There's no relying on the weather to last more than a couple of days at a time. We've always travelled regularly, and still did so when we lived in Cyprus.

We've been lucky, we only have our deposit tied up now with easyJet and can book up to the end of July next year. However, we already have special plans for next year - a visit to see family and a grandchild halfway across the world. This has to take precedence if it's still going to be possible to travel so we can't just juggle dates to next year.

Also, my mum is 80 in a few weeks time so we wanted to plan something but this is also proving difficult.

So, looks like a last minute coach holiday and if we can squeeze an overseas trip in before the end of the year, we will do.

For us, it's a holiday but those trying to book flight only to go to holiday homes, visit family etc or trying to get to Cyprus, well that's something else. Impossible to tie up the negative PCR test and fill in the necessary online form within 72 hours before flight departure and there doesn't seem to be any leeway to getting refunds either.

As long as destinations keep closing, there's going to be a market for those which are opening. It's a lottery which will be next. Cyprus will open eventually. I just hope the hotels are prepared for the bookings and don't leave it all until the last minute like some of the other countries have done. The tourists are getting very restless with the constant changes, even more so now school holidays have arrived. Lots of disappointed families.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Yes indeed PhotoLady. We are in a pandemic and so we cannot all do what we would want to do! My grandson in the UK will be aged one just before Xmas and the last time I saw him was Xmas last year. But I must accept that for me, a vulnerable person, travel this year is a non starter. I have to accept the situation.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Our grandson is 3 next month. We wanted to wait until he would be old enough to remember us as it's not going to be a trip either family will be able to undertake regularly as my stepson is an officer in the Australian Navy. So next year is ideal.
They have just moved from Sydney to the capital and hopefully should be there for at least 5yrs unless something changes with his post.
Australia has never been on our bucket list either but this will be one trip we should take. But we don't like to leave my mum for too long when we go away and the longest so far since my dad died has been 11 nights.
The longer we leave this trip, the less likely it may happen given mum's age and her heart flutter.

So, we shall have to see...... we only intended a flight into either Melbourne for a few days, through to Canberra for our visit and out through Sydney or vice versa. But Melbourne isn't looking to be an option at the moment.
Either way, it's not going to be booked far in advance. We will hold back and go when we can and fairly last minute but still has to fit around the new promotion and requirements.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"