Jet 2

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lin n vic

Jet 2

Post by lin n vic »

Jet 2 just cancelled all flights to Cy till 15 Aug not happy was going on the 2nd Aug
Lin n vic
71 Trans Am

Re: Jet 2

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Jet2 has cancelled all flights and holidays to Cyprus until August 17. A Jet2 spokesperson said: “Because of prohibitive entry restrictions into Cyprus, we have no choice but to suspend flights and holidays to Larnaca and Paphos up to and including 16th August

21 mins ago

www.mirror.co.uk
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Well, Jet2 said they would continue to cancel as long as UK weren't put into Category A for entry requirements.
I'm pleased to see they have stood behind what they said.

Meanwhile, one guy went and paid £600 for him and his family to have the private PCR Covid-19 test today and as he walked out of the clinic he checked his email messages. Yep, his flights all cancelled.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

When there are so many other fabulous holiday destinations that require just a plane ticket, it amazes me why some people are so desperate to come here!
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

TUI and Jet 2 will not take package holiday customers to Cyprus until they are Category A and until this time the hotels that are closed will remain so
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

mike strand2 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:06 pm When there are so many other fabulous holiday destinations that require just a plane ticket, it amazes me why some people are so desperate to come here!
Have you had a look recently at the places you can still book as a package holiday from UK?
As soon as Cyprus opens up, you're going to be inundated.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

......Which is a very good reason for Cyprus to remain very cautious...
Dee
kansas

Post by kansas »

Yes Dee, we really hope that Cyprus remains cautious.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

PhotoLady wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:30 am
Have you had a look recently at the places you can still book as a package holiday from UK?
As soon as Cyprus opens up, you're going to be inundated.
Yes. This morning and there are plenty that will still accept those from the UK (some with additional precautions & some with none, i.e., Italy, Malta.........
WHL

Post by WHL »

mike strand2 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:06 pm When there are so many other fabulous holiday destinations that require just a plane ticket, it amazes me why some people are so desperate to come here!
Many people are desperate to come here, because they have family here,
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

I think that mass tourism for this season is a non starter. The majority of people that express a desire to travel to Cyprus on various SM forums are people with homes there or families.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well Jet2 and TUI aren't the only airlines which come here, they are the airlines engaged in mass tourism. They are trying to bludgeon Cyprus into allowing them in. Those with families here and/or those with holiday homes here are not banned from coming, but should look at other airlines who do come.
As the UK is now a Cat B country, they still need to get their Covid test certificates and test negative, plus download the Cyprus flight pass.
Others who are in these categories have managed to do this,
Dee
galexinda

Jet2 gives holidaymakers in Spain four days to fly home

Post by galexinda »

Jet2 has been asking customers in Spain to return to the UK earlier than planned – or risk having to make their own way home. The budget airline has cancelled a number of flights and told holidaymakers to return within four days.

A spokesperson said: ‘We are contacting customers who are currently in these destinations to advise them of their options regarding flying back to the UK. ‘We appreciate that some of our package holiday customers were due to stay on holiday for longer than this and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. It is important to note that we are responding to a very fast-moving situation with updates coming from the Government with little or notice, and we have had to make decisions about our programme accordingly.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/31/jet2-giv ... to=cbshare
dodo

Post by dodo »

Dee,
Not as easy as it sounds!
We've always done a package as it's just easier that way, but we've had 4 hols with jet2 cancelled now starting back in April. It's not actually a hol as coming over to view properties as planning to relocate by end of year, house is sold and hubby is retiring.
Im looking into other options now, east jet from Manchester or Bristol ( 2 hour drive), £ 605 return flights, that's without picking seat and no luggage, found a cheaper place for test in Solihull £175 each. So already looking at £1,000 in August without adding parking, somewhere to stay 2 wks and airport transfers!!!
Edgbaston to Brum airport £21 each way in taxi, but no easyjet or ryanair from there 😥, if it wasn't for above reason why we're coming we'd be going back to Kefalonia no doubt. Holidays are supposed to be relaxing, it'll take a fortnight to wind down after drama of testing, result back in time, right docs, maybe random test on arrival, and maybe another hoop to jump through on the way !
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

mike strand2 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 am
Yes. This morning and there are plenty that will still accept those from the UK (some with additional precautions & some with none, i.e., Italy, Malta.........
There are very few package holidays to Malta through UK tour operators and those which are, are ridiculously priced. Not many for Italy either. Cheapest I found the other day was with easyJet holidays to Sicily.

Jet2holidays and TUI are ramping up their prices due to much less availability now the whole of Spain, it's islands and parts of Portugal are off limits.

Greece and Turkey are being snapped up fast too so no need to guess which places will disappear next and we all know the Cypriot residents head to Greece for their August holidays...
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

PhotoLady wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:50 am
mike strand2 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:25 am
There are very few package holidays to Malta through UK tour operators and those which are, are ridiculously priced. Not many for Italy either. Cheapest I found the other day was with easyJet holidays to Sicily.

Jet2holidays and TUI are ramping up their prices due to much less availability now the whole of Spain, it's islands and parts of Portugal are off limits.

Greece and Turkey are being snapped up fast too so no need to guess which places will disappear next and we all know the Cypriot residents head to Greece for their August holidays...
Your search was obviously more thorough than mine. I wasn't looking for package holidays, just flights without too many restrictions. Surely the best answer is to stay in your home country for a change and plan something special for next year.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Dodo,
Unfortunately this year is not a good time to do what you are planning. And the colder weather in the winter may produce more cases of the virus in any country with accompanying lock downs and travel disruption as you are finding now.
My advice is to think seriously about your future relocation plans. Unfortunately, the situation may not improve until next year when effective new vaccines for Covid19 are available and mass immunisation is available.
Perhaps consider moving for the time being to a more rural area in the UK and stay safe until things look better?
Dee
dodo

Post by dodo »

Its something we've planned for years so wont be giving up quite yet. If we knew what was happening regarding residency after 31st it would be easier. Might leave it couple months till things little clearer then maybe Nov come out and rent for awhile whilst looking for a home.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I worked for Jet2 in Paphos and after three month I engineered away to get sacked by them.

Boy was I glad to get out of that company.

One day at a training session the manager asked if a staff member could loan the office a printer as they needed one.

First: - a multimillion pound company that cannot supply a new office with a printer!!

Second:- your told we are going to a pub for a drink across the road the and first one is on the company, only to find the pub across the road is closed!!

This was on the same day!!!

So you can see why I wanted out of there.

Hoo Yes I got my full pay from them.