EAC now cutting electricity supply off

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Uncle D

EAC now cutting electricity supply off

Post by Uncle D »

The EAC's three months period of Grace to pay electricity bills finished yesterday.
I have heard that a friend of a friend has had their supply cut off today, I wonder how many unfortunate people are suffering the same fate.
David
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: EAC now cutting electricity supply off

Post by Devil »

Sorry, I am going through a "let them eat cake" moment. No one will be cut off if they pay their bills. If, for any good reason, they are unable to pay, a visit to the local EAC office will give them a sympathetic ear to reduce the bill, arrange for instalments, or otherwise keep things going in a way that the consumer can manage. If they are being bolshie, then they get what they deserve.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Devil wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:04 am Sorry, I am going through a "let them eat cake" moment. No one will be cut off if they pay their bills. If, for any good reason, they are unable to pay, a visit to the local EAC office will give them a sympathetic ear to reduce the bill, arrange for instalments, or otherwise keep things going in a way that the consumer can manage. If they are being bolshie, then they get what they deserve.
I've no idea of the details of their predicament, so I wont judge them just yet, but you fire away Victor by all means :roll:
David
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Sadly the after effects of the virus are now being felt. People are really struggling and I cannot see an end to it. Tourism is obviously way down and people are losing their jobs etc. A really horrible time for so many.
chatsworth

Post by chatsworth »

Devil,
I don't know what planet you live on but here in Cyprus many people have lost their jobs,have no savings because of the poor wages and are struggling to buy sufficient food for themselves and their children. Landlords are evicting people unable to pay their rent. The government schemes to give folk a basic income are not working and people are becoming desperate.
Let them eat cake indeed ! A crass and stupid remark.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I dont think there will be many sympathetic ears in the EAC for people who can't afford to pay their bills.

Jim
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jimgym wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:20 pm Sadly the after effects of the virus are now being felt. People are really struggling and I cannot see an end to it. Tourism is obviously way down and people are losing their jobs etc. A really horrible time for so many.
I agree, there is a real problem with many people. Nevertheless, the EAC are not impervious to this problem and will help genuine cases who are unable to pay their bills. However, as I mentioned, they will be unsympathetic to anyone who tries to dupe them. I believe that they have special tariffs to people with low or zero income, quite apart from any help that they may offer to people who are genuinely unable to pay.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Devil wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:29 pm
Jimgym wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:20 pm Sadly the after effects of the virus are now being felt. People are really struggling and I cannot see an end to it. Tourism is obviously way down and people are losing their jobs etc. A really horrible time for so many.
I agree, there is a real problem with many people. Nevertheless, the EAC are not impervious to this problem and will help genuine cases who are unable to pay their bills. However, as I mentioned, they will be unsympathetic to anyone who tries to dupe them. I believe that they have special tariffs to people with low or zero income, quite apart from any help that they may offer to people who are genuinely unable to pay.
I don’t disagree with you. Hopefully people will realise this and speak with EAC. The world is a crazy place at the moment