Encouraging news over Brexit.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Mrblobby

Re: Encouraging news over Brexit.

Post by Mrblobby »

The two sides resume face-to-face talks for the first time in three months in Brussels on Monday as they attempt to thrash out a trade deal and an agreement on the future relationship after Brexit. This will be the first of five consecutive week-long negotiations between the UK and European Union, with the meetings in the Belgian capital followed by immediate talks in London the following week. Britain wants a deal in principle to be agreed by the end of next month, and be signed off by all 27 EU member states before the end of the transition period on December 31, 2020.

Note Tuesday 30th June is the last date to ask for an extension.
Last edited by Mrblobby on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varky

Post by Varky »

When you start to lose an argument, get personal!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Devil

As far as I am aware, it has never been proved that badgers infect cattle with TB.............unless you know otherwise.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Varky wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:02 pm When you start to lose an argument, get personal!
Who is getting personal and who is losing the arguement?

Jim
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Firefly wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:26 pm As far as I am aware, it has never been proved that badgers infect cattle with TB.............unless you know otherwise.
Maybe you should make yourself aware before posting faulty dogma

But the results suggested that badgers are 10.4 times more likely to spread TB to cattle than vice versa.

Lead researcher Professor Rowland Kao of the University of Edinburgh said it was now “very clear” that badgers were involved in the transmission of TB to cattle.

In October, peer-reviewed, scientific evidence highlighted the effectiveness of badger culling in reducing outbreaks of bovine TB in cattle.

https://www.fwi.co.uk/livestock/bovine- ... tudy-finds
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I knew it :lol:

Firstly I did state 'as far as I am aware' how is that dogmatic, or even faulty ? Your quote "results suggest", means nothing, anyone can suggest anything, it doesn't make it fact.

Then 'if I made myself aware before posting', just think how bored you would be, no-one to have a go at. :o
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jim B wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:18 pm
Varky wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:02 pm When you start to lose an argument, get personal!
Who is getting personal and who is losing the arguement?
Jim
It wasn't you.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

This is funny but sadly all too true;

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Oh well, lets cancel Brexit then because someone posted something on Twitter. Jesus wept!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Empathy or sympathy don't appear to be in your repertoire, do they Alan?
What's happening to those people is affecting thousands and if healthcare collapses it will affect tens of thousands but heh ho, you're ok

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:00 pm Oh well, lets cancel Brexit then because someone posted something on Twitter. Jesus wept!
Ye'd gie a glass eye, the weep.... so ye wid....
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:49 pm Empathy or sympathy don't appear to be in your repertoire, do they Alan?
What's happening to those people is affecting thousands and if healthcare collapses it will affect tens of thousands but heh ho, you're ok

Jim
You have no idea about me or what I think or feel, so let's cut the bullshit eh. You like to dish out the criticism but cannot bear it when someone bites back.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 pm
Jimgym wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:00 pm Oh well, lets cancel Brexit then because someone posted something on Twitter. Jesus wept!
Ye'd gie a glass eye, the weep.... so ye wid....
Oh would I, and reading the constant stream of drivel and general whingeing crap you post, who could blame me eh. Stop giving it out if you cant take the flak back.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Ooooohhhh Matron.....

Rattled cage methinks ... and an apology is due ... when you sober up!

Hahahhahhha.....
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:25 am Ooooohhhh Matron.....

Hahahhahhha.....
Firstly, I was completely sober, don't judge others by your own standards and behaviour. Secondly, rattled, by you? Oh please, don't flatter yourself! As to apologies, if that were the case most of you comments would consist of apologising.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgym wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:12 am

Hahahhahhha.....
Firstly, I was completely sober, don't judge others by your own standards and behaviour. Secondly, rattled, by you? Oh please, don't flatter yourself! As to apologies, if that were the case most of you comments would consist of apologising.
You seem you are devoid of humour ... unable to debate properly and just a miserable old man - my ‘drivel’ happens to be truth that you’re right-wing ideology won’t accept as it’s criticism of mistakes that you refuse to see ...
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jimgward wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 am
Jimgym wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:12 am

Hahahhahhha.....
You seem you are devoid of humour ... unable to debate properly and just a miserable old man - my ‘drivel’ happens to be truth that you’re right-wing ideology won’t accept as it’s criticism of mistakes that you refuse to see ...
Haha, oh please, you call members of the Government "twats" is that your idea of debating? Now that is truly laughable.

I don't have any ideology, apart from rebutting the constant stream of drivel from left wingers.

By the way, I'm not old and as those who know me will tell you, far from miserable. Facts really aren't your strong point are they? :mrgreen: