Bayern Munich claimed their eighth consecutive title..

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Bayern Munich claimed their eighth consecutive title..

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Even in the Cyprus Press mentioned today: Bayern Munich claimed their eighth consecutive Bundesliga title by beating Werder Bremen 1-0 away thanks to Robert Lewandowski’s first-half strike to open up an unassailable lead at the top of the table on Tuesday.

I am very happy about that as it is "my club" and hoping that they manage the triple this year....

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/06/17/baye ... er-bremen/

Max
WHL

Re: Bayern Munich claimed their eighth consecutive title..

Post by WHL »

For any team to get eight consecutive league titles, just shows you, the quality or lack of quality, of the other teams in the league, no different to Celtic, in Scottish football.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

WHL wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:16 pm For any team to get eight consecutive league titles, just shows you, the quality or lack of quality, of the other teams in the league, no different to Celtic, in Scottish football.
It is not only quality, but also luck to get eight consecutive titles. (so called "Bayern Luck") but perhaps you know the German football better... :)

If you look at the actual Champions League standings, the other German clubs ranking is not that bad with Leipzig leading in group G, and Dortmund second behind Barcelona. In group B is Bayern 8 points ahead of Tottenham in leading position. We see what happens when they play again after the Corona break... I am hoping that Bayern Munich has not to play the other German clubs.

Max
WHL

Post by WHL »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:51 pm
WHL wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:16 pm For any team to get eight consecutive league titles, just shows you, the quality or lack of quality, of the other teams in the league, no different to Celtic, in Scottish football.
It is not only quality, but also luck to get eight consecutive titles. (so called "Bayern Luck") but perhaps you know the German football better... :)

If you look at the actual Champions League standings, the other German clubs ranking is not that bad with Leipzig leading in group G, and Dortmund second behind Barcelona. In group B is Bayern 8 points ahead of Tottenham in leading position. We see what happens when they play again after the Corona break... I am hoping that Bayern Munich has not to play the other German clubs.

Max
Dont get me wrong Max, I enjoy the way Bayen play football, and I always watch the German teams, in the champions league games ,but for any team in any country to win Eight successive league titles, shows that the opposing teams are way behind,