Cyprus Tax Declaration 2019 - UPDATED 18 JUNE 2020

Discuss everything from tax issues to the best way of transferring money.
Mrblobby

Re: Cyprus Tax Declaration from 2019

Post by Mrblobby »

For chris&pam

I wonder if people can get into the Cyprus tax system by joining Taxisnet ?

As you say your wife has her TIC number .

“Applications for Registration and Authorisation / Withdrawal of authorisation can ONLY be made electronically.
During the week starting on 9th April 2018 the new online registration and authorisation / withdrawal of authorisation procedure is expected to become available.
Prerequisites for registration :
 You must have a Tax Identification Code (T.I.C.)
 A telephone number and e-mail address
 Unique Registration Number
Existing taxpayers will receive by post, at the correspondence address held in the Department’s registry, a letter with the Unique Registration Number (See Attached).
New Taxpayers will receive their Unique Registration Number during the registration procedure with the Department.”

https://taxisnet.mof.gov.cy/static/help ... sation.pdf

trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Good post Mr Blobby ..
Trev..
J B

Post by J B »

A little late to this thread, sorry

We have tax codes as we own property and used to pay IPT (IIRC) but we are UK residents and UK tax payers.

Will we still need to do a 'declaration'?
J B
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Wait until Monday and pop down to see them at the office. They have a computer room where they can help people..
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Although I cannot post a link to the information I have read, I too feel sure that it was declared that Everyone had to fill in a tax form online
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

From the tax form itself , it is an obligation .
And this for 2018 never mind 2019

OBLIGATIONS
By virtue of Laws under administered by the Department:
1. In the case when your gross income, before any allowances and deductions, does not exceed €19500
you are obliged to
a) complete this Declaration for the year 2018 with the true and correct information regarding your income and to submit it:
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

23 October 2019

'The cabinet on Wednesday approved a bill aimed at bolstering the state’s tax collecting ability, including a provision mandating the submission of tax returns by anyone with an income''.

''The bill provides that everyone with an income must file a tax return irrespective of whether this is below the €19,500 tax-free threshold, Georgiades said''.

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/10/23/gove ... zvAqqkSObU
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Thanks galexinda , interesting article . It mentions “ The bill will now go to the House of Representatives” , I wonder if it got passed ?

It also mentioned everywhere should be made to accept credit cards , I know one restaurant that will not accept them , I am sure there must be more .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I know two restaurants that do not accept card payments. But surely they will have to comply in the not too distant future. Maybe now is the time for them to change, so that they are not handling as much cash.. But... will tipping suffer when it is all card payments..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

As the personal taxation scheme is one way by which GESY contributions are collected it does make sense for Cyprus annual tax returns to be completed from 01 January 2019.

It appears I have been speaking to the same lady at Paphos Tax Office as sadie62 for the past 10+ years as she has always assured me there was no need for me to complete a Cyprus Tax Return even though I have been resident in Cyprus since 2004. However, at the last meeting she did tell me that the system was changing and she would review my situation next January when she had the new information.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Just tried to sort out this years tax but still no form on taxisnet. Also does anyone know anything about a form we have to submit to say we’re exempt from paying Gesy contributions.
memory man

Post by memory man »

trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

My wife and I got the form via Email from using the link M M has pointed you to.. We included it in the all papers sent via the GP to Gesy ..
Trev..
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Thank you for your help. I sent the email & got immediate response. Presume there is somewhere on the tax form for putting in our ref.no.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I don't remember anything on the tax form (could be wrong). But I know it went in with all my papers when I registered via my GP for Gesy ..
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

THURSDAY 18 JUNE 2020 - IMPORTANT UPDATE

Cyprus Lawyers G Kouzalis LLC

Σας ενημερώνουμε ότι η υποβολή φορολογικής δήλωσης για τα έτος 2019 είναι υποχρεωτική μόνο για εισοδήματα που υπερβαίνουν τις €19,500 ετησίως.

We would like to inform you that the tax declaration for 2019 is compulsory only if the annual income is over €19,500.

We would like to inform you that the submission of a tax return for the year 2019 is mandatory only for income exceeding € 19,500 per year.

https://www.facebook.com/cypruslawyers. ... ?ref=br_rs
Mrblobby

Re: Cyprus Tax Declaration 2019 - UPDATED 18 JUNE 2020

Post by Mrblobby »

Thanks galexinda , I thought 2019 was going to be the year everyone had to fill in a tax form regardless of income , obviously the law did not go through .

As I have been filling in tax forms for years on my low pension income , I will continue to do so .

A translation of the official letter .

The Tax Department informs that the date of submission of the 2019 Income Statement for: (a) employees and retirees (TF1) and (b) self-employed whose turnover does not exceed € 70,000 (TF1 self-employed), as well as the payment of the debtor tax, is extended until October 30, 2020 at 23:59 (KDP 247/2020).
It is pointed out that the obligation to submit an Income Statement (TF1) and (TF1) for the year 2019, arises ONLY when the Gross Annual Income exceeds € 19,500.
The above Statements will soon be available for electronic submission and TAXISnet users will receive a notification in their email (TAXISnet email address).
Attachments
34B26EA3-115E-43F2-86F0-06EAB3D1B435.png
34B26EA3-115E-43F2-86F0-06EAB3D1B435.png (176.08 KiB) Viewed 8398 times
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

All this is very strange and confusing.. Like others I have been sending in paper returns for years and then recently internet submissions.. Now it seems that we do not have to send them in... But personally now I am frightened that I will be penalised for suddenly stopping sending any return in...
A few years back I actually went to the Tax office and asked if I had to still keep filling the forms in.. Yes I was told, unless you want to De Register !!!!! I assumed that would mean I paid tax in the UK so I have kept sending in first paper returns and recently electronic ones.
Trev..
Galini

Post by Galini »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:18 pm All this is very strange and confusing.. Like others I have been sending in paper returns for years and then recently internet submissions.. Now it seems that we do not have to send them in... But personally now I am frightened that I will be penalised for suddenly stopping sending any return in...
A few years back I actually went to the Tax office and asked if I had to still keep filling the forms in.. Yes I was told, unless you want to De Register !!!!! I assumed that would mean I paid tax in the UK so I have kept sending in first paper returns and recently electronic ones.
I'm in the same situation as I had been received forms to complete since moving here in 2007 and then lately completing online. Income has never been near the tax threshold and I have never been told not to complete them. I will continue to do so as it's easier than trying to get a definitive answer from the tax office.
jeba

Post by jeba »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:18 pm All this is very strange and confusing..
Indeed! I thought as of this year everyone has to file a tax return for the preceding year, no matter whether or not your income was above the threshold or whether or not you´re tax exempt due to non-domiciled status. Is this no longer true?