Coronavirus: "Cyprus ready to reopen doors to tourists from June 15" (Updated)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: Coronavirus: "Cyprus ready to reopen doors to tourists from June 15" (Updated)

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:05 pm MrBlobby

I was due to fly out in June, luckily I hadn't booked flights when the virus struck.

Cyprus will re-open for visitors from selected countries based on the figures that they provide. Just hope that they have declared the true figures. That said, today I 'Googled' cases in Greece, and was surprised to see that of yesterday, their numbers of infection was still rising.
Lets hope the UK is declaring the true figures, but I doubt it.
Firefly

Re: Coronavirus: "Cyprus ready to reopen doors to tourists from June 15" (Updated)

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

I quite agree with your comments. I was merely pointing out that numbers were still rising in Greece, and that they were amongst the first group.

Mr Blobby

I have previously said that I doubted that we would ever know the true numbers of any country.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

The numbers mean nothing if different countries are counting in a different fashion. For instance Russia has 344,481 cases but a death count of 3541,
"Russian health officials say one of the reasons the count is lower than in the United States and parts of western Europe is that only deaths directly caused by the virus are being included." In other words if you suffer an underlying problem that is what goes on the certificate.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum