Einhell Power Tools

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
CYWALL

Einhell Power Tools

Post by CYWALL »

Hi everyone,
I have two questions I need a some advice on please.
Firstly I'm going to buy a new cordless impact drill, I've been looking at the Einhell range here in Pafos, but would like to ask if anyone here has bought this brand before and could share some info on how reliable or unreliable they are please.

Secondly, Iv'e seen these drills cheaper on Amazon, my question here is how to you get items delivered quickly by one of the delivery services here in Pafos, the only option I see on Amazon is 'Prime' which I don't really want to enter into for a one off delivery.
Thanks all.
trevnhil

Re: Einhell Power Tools

Post by trevnhil »

Can't help with the drill but I can say having had prime in the past it does not guarantee quicker delivery to Cyprus
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

With Power Tools you usually get what you pay for and in my opinion Makita are the best on the market. I've had an 18volt Makita battery drill for five years and its had a lot of heavy use and it's still working like new. They are generally the tools of choice in the construction industry.
Being honest I've never heard of or seen an Einhell power tool in many years on construction sites.

Jim
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Last year we bought a Einhell strimmer with battery/charger, last week i bought a drill that uses the same battery, this is fine for us as we are not trades people and only need it for home use, so they should last us.
I looked at Amazon UK for the drill (without Battery/charger) it was £60 + 10 delivery, I bought mine from Home Market for €72 so cheaper. Plus it may take many weeks to arrive with the current virus lockdown etc

Makita where always great and loads of Tradies used them, now it looks like Dewalt are the current favourite, but they are expensive, not good value for money if you only use it half a dozen times a year
David
daveg

Post by daveg »

Had Einhall drill and long reach chainsaw for 18 months, one battery serves both......No complaints for my diy use....
Bought from Homemarket .....
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Milwaukee is generally regarded in the trade nowadays, as the best make. Probably Makita next, then DeWalt.

I have a load of dewalt battery tools and the fast charge, swap of batteries and reliability cannot be faulted. Prices have dropped a lot. In the UK, you can get a set with charger, batteries and Hammer Drill and Impact drill, for a gout £150 - £160
Varky

Post by Varky »

A couple of years ago I bought an Einhell cordless garden vac. from Homemarket. Always has worked well. The only problem I have had is getting a replacement bag as the original bag rotted away very quickly. Having said that Homemarket eventually gave me one from a new vac they had in stock. I previously bought a garden vac from Lidl and had the same problem. They outsourced their backup to Agrou Lambrou and despite several visits they never provided a replacement even though I offered to pay. I have several other electrical items from Lidl and they all work fine.
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Agree with Jimgward

Milwaukee are without a doubt the best (in my opinion) – I have just added a reciprocating saw to my increasing set of Milwaukee tools – I can cut a whole car into several manageable pieces with just one fully charged battery – Could not do this with Makita or De Walt and both of these are good tools which I have now replaced with Milwaukee – They are not cheap but worth every penny of the cost. As for cutting wood or logs – they cut like butter with a wood blade – Nothing stops it at all.

https://www.ukplanettools.co.uk/Product ... bsx-kit-21
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Working in control panels we always found Milwaukee tools too cumbersome and not as compact as Makita for what we needed to do. Of course its each to their own.

Jim
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Correct Jim B

This new saw is large and heavy and the battery drills are the same no good for tight places but you just know that you are never going to break it and nothing is going to stop it.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Milwaukee are like Rigid Tools, solid, but Rigid were heavy on the arms in comparison with Bacco or Stilson or Eclipse.

Going over this thread I remember we bought an Einhell branch shredder from the Home Market. I used it once and last winter got it out the shed and it wouldn't work. Out of warranty by then but took it back to see if it was repairable; that was before lockdown so still don't know.

Jim
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

I'm no expert in power tools and only have the essentials, but I do have an Einhell hedge trimmer which I've used several times and works perfectly. Bought from Home Market and I thought was excellent value for money.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Hi all,
great reading all the comments on here, I am aware of all the more well known makes like Makita etc, but don't need to go to those sort of expenses anymore, just jobs around the house really. The reason I brought up the name of Einhell was that I saw what I think was a good deal in Paphos HomeMarket recently.
Super Home Center has had a large display of Einhell tools for quite sometime, with batteries and chargers for sale and one size fits all, BUT you have to buy them separately, the drill, the battery and then a charger, all a tad expensive.
Anyway back to the HomeMarket, they have an offer on at the moment for a Einhell 18v cordless hammer drill/screwdriver + 2 batteries + charger all comes in it's own sturdy case down from 144.95e to 99.95e, needless to say I took the plunge and bought one at that price.
Thanks everyone.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

Just read my own post, it sounds like I'm a sales rep for Einhell 😂
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

If you just want something to use occasionally around the house then Lidl is fine and cheap.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

We don't go to Lidl very often, do they sell drills all the time or just on occasion?
David
Varky

Post by Varky »

Uncle D wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:56 am We don't go to Lidl very often, do they sell drills all the time or just on occasion?
Most of the time, but can't guarantee all of the time. They have at the moment.
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

@Uncle D.

I have both einhall and Lidl ( parkside) Power tools.

Einhall are very good quality from Germany. The Anavargos diy place carry good stocks.

Lidl’s Parkside range is excellent. Their new 20volt range is a good choice, and they carry stock for most of the year.

They are also German made

Can I also say, that I’ve found it necessary to contact Lidls Customer Services when the battery on my cordless drill packed up.

Nothing less than brilliant ! They took some details including the serial number ( this is what they call an IAN number and can be found on the instructions) turns out my drill was out of warranty but...

Replacement battery delivered to ACS polis Road €20 . ( so I ordered a spare as well)

CL
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

That is good service from Lidl, and I too have found them to be good when something goes wrong.
I have a Parkside Hammer drill / screwdriver and it is amazing that the battery holds it's charge all through the Winter
Trev..
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Went over to Milwaukee 18v battery tools some 3 years ago and no regrets. Drill, nut driver, disc cutter and rotary saw.