Loss of U.K. T.V.

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
darrow

Loss of U.K. T.V.

Post by darrow »

Anyone else lost their U,K, subscription T.V.? Ours been off ovdr an hour, Remember seeing something about maintenance today but didn't tale much notice.
trevnhil

Re: Loss of U.K. T.V.

Post by trevnhil »

We have the one from Holitec and it is working just fine
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I wondered if the improvement was due to the doubling of power / bandwidth from Cyta Not to individual properties but to those on the island that supply the signal to the boxes ..
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning Darrow, you use one of the same TV suppliers as I do, well it is working fine for me, the server did put a banner up on the screen as they had some problem with the ''video club'', personally never noticed any trouble with it. I believe all or any minor interruptions are caused as mentioned by huge Bandwidth usage, and the shear amount of people using the internet mainly because many of us need TV during this awful time, my advice is give your supplier a call.

Also I do not think any stuttering TV is anyone doing updates, it is clear at the moment, but I am expecting some disruption for the reasons given.
Jim.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Thanks everyone! It was still off this morning but I rebooted the mag box ( which it wouldn't do last night) and all is well.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Thanks everyone! It was still off this morning but I rebooted the mag box ( which it wouldn't do last night) and all is well.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

No problems with my no subscription Triotech Clearstream box
David
wilky

Post by wilky »

Same here uncle D long may it last great system
JimX

Post by JimX »

Uncle D hello, also no problems with either of my MAG systems.I think I did say I used the Triotech system for a short period, but for sure they do not compare with any MAG systems I have used and still do use... :D

Just an update as Oxfordboy seems to dislike me, I can live with that, I bought a Clearstream unit for my daughter last Christmas, she could not afford the annual subscription for a Mag, my opinions have not change but it is better than nothing, she watched most of her UK viewing on her PC almost all of the Trioteck stuff is available if you can use a PC...

Regards
Last edited by JimX on Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

JimX wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:56 pm Uncle D hello, also no problems with either of my MAG systems.I think I did say I used the Triotech system for a short period, but for sure they do not compare with any MAG systems I have used and still do use... :D
Hello JimX, yes you do keep saying , in fact you say it every time I mention the Triotech system, you obviously feel that my mentioning how relatively reliable the Clearstream box is needs a some sort of defensive reply from yourself. :roll:
David
JimX

Post by JimX »

:)
Last edited by JimX on Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

So JimX, if you've only used the Triotech system for short time, it must have been a while ago because my system isn't slow, doesn't have constant updates (fact) and I haven't had any problems finding anything I wanted to watch. Limited range of live TV perhaps, but we've long since moved to watching things on demand. Not sure what clunky means in this context. We get no buffering and the picture quality is superb.

Also not looking for a fight over this (again), but you do always criticise the Triotech system every time anyone mentions it and I just think the record needs to be set straight. It suits my needs, and obviously the needs of a few others, perfectly well. The fact that most of you use a MAG simply isn't relevant, and the fact that it's your preference doesn't make any difference to my preference. I'm glad you're as happy with your systems as I am with mine.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Oxfordboy wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 am So JimX, if you've only used the Triotech system for short time, it must have been a while ago because my system isn't slow, doesn't have constant updates (fact) and I haven't had any problems finding anything I wanted to watch. Limited range of live TV perhaps, but we've long since moved to watching things on demand. Not sure what clunky means in this context. We get no buffering and the picture quality is superb.

Also not looking for a fight over this (again), but you do always criticise the Triotech system every time anyone mentions it and I just think the record needs to be set straight. It suits my needs, and obviously the needs of a few others, perfectly well. The fact that most of you use a MAG simply isn't relevant, and the fact that it's your preference doesn't make any difference to my preference. I'm glad you're as happy with your systems as I am with mine.
If you were posting this on the old CL website you would have been blocked by now and your post edited or delete by now.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

The Tide has turned. :lol:
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

I don't really know what CL was and have no idea of the history to be honest. I just have a problem with factual inaccuracy!
JimX

Post by JimX »

:roll:
Last edited by JimX on Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

MAGs rule? Rule? Seriously? Rule what? Not worth pursuing any further discussions with a schoolboy mentality like that.
J B

Post by J B »

Oxfordboy wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:21 pm I don't really know what CL was and have no idea of the history to be honest. I just have a problem with factual inaccuracy!
CL stood for 'Cyprus Living' - it was a site similar to this that was run and moderated by JimX ......
J B
JimX

Post by JimX »

Actually James it was all one word CyprusLiving, it was the first with 16 K members. My name is Jim ...jimx is my log on name only.
Jim.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I received a Clearstream Triotech box for Xmas I think it was 2013-14 that worked pretty well most of the time. Last year they introduced a new version of KODI that could not be put on the box. I decided I'd had good value from my present, so bought latest box for €119 (less than the cost of original). Whilst it's nothing to do with the box, it can be frustrating not to find listed films/TV progs on the Nirvana app.