self employed gardener pays soc ins

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dimsum

self employed gardener pays soc ins

Post by dimsum »

Can anyone give me any information whether a self employed gardener can still work. Tried many sites but to no avail. Dim Sum
WHL

Re: self employed gardener pays soc ins

Post by WHL »

I don't think gardening comes under essential and emergency work.
Varky

Post by Varky »

WHL wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:35 pm I don't think gardening comes under essential and emergency work.
And do you know this for sure?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Varky wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:09 pm
WHL wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:35 pm I don't think gardening comes under essential and emergency work.
The ( I dont think), should give you a clue.
Varky

Post by Varky »

WHL wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:15 pm
In that case maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself. Thinking is not responding to the original question.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Varky wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:22 pm
In that case maybe you should keep your thoughts to yourself. Thinking is not responding to the original question.
The OP asked for Any information, I gave my opinion, instead of poo pooing others, how about you try and help them. Instead of gobbing off.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Vital businesses that will remain open are food and drink sellers (supermarkets, grocery stores, butchers, fishmongers, bakeries, pastry shops, wine cellars), pharmacies, gas stations, establishments that provide food and drink services provided they do so by delivery (restaurants, coffee shops, bars), establishments providing drive through services, kiosks and mini markets.

Also open will be private health services (clinical labs) and car wash businesses, given they apply all announced prevention measures.

The above services are not allowed to sell products sold by retail companies whose operation is suspended.

BUSINESSES/ACTIVITIES WHOSE OPERATION IS SUSPENDED:

-Any form of open markets, bazaars and street vendors

-Building sites with the exception of social utility projects that will obtain a special permit from the Minister of Transport

-Gatherings at churches, mosques and other prayer establishments is prohibited

-The Easter tradition of ‘Lambradjia’ is prohibited and any such preparations will be removed by police

-The operation of all retail businesses is suspended except for the following:

Businesses and workshops of disabled and orthopaedic merchandise

Businesses and workshops of medical and industrial gases and machinery

Opticians and their workshops

Hearing aids retailers

Car and motorbike workshops

Tyre retailers

Businesses selling and repairing bicycles

Dry cleaners

Courier services

Businesses selling pet food or vet medicine

Telecommunication providers (for bill payments, top-ups, repairs and replacements of mobile devices)

Businesses selling pesticides, fertilisers and other agricultural equipment

Car and motor vehicle dealers

Funeral offices

Flower shops and garden centres

All retail businesses, including the above, are allowed to provide electronic or telephone commerce services with home delivery.

Copied from In Cyprus, this might help,
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I suspect that as the Govt have issued a form which has to be signed by the employer, to enable his employees to go to work, the answer for someone who is self employed maybe no,
Also as there are formalities to be completed before anyone can leave their house, what could you put as a reason for going out?
So if you do decide to go out to work, if would be ‘unofficial’. Is it worth taking the risk of being caught by police.?
Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Varky wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:22 pm
You do realise that your responses to WHL have created much more noise than his original comment? If posts annoy you, just report them or ignore them. There's no need to start a fight. I know we are all going a bit stir crazy but let's save the rucks for the important stuff like Brexit and tides.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Why not give one of the numbers here a call?

For more clarifications on the measures and on movement restrictions, call 22 421600, 22 495666, 22 495671, 22 421745
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

There are many businesses listed in the can remain open category and many businesses listed in the can’t remain open (mostly retail). Then there are a whole host of businesses that are not listed in either - most of which can continue working e.g, lawyers offices, accountancy and financial services firms, property management companies, most government offices. The offices themselves are closed to the public or can see by appointment only. I attended the land registry office today (by appointment) and everyone is working inside obviously abiding by the regulations on numbers of staff by area.

Regarding gardening in particular, a large property management company has advised complexes that pools will be cleaned, buildings and common areas will be cleaned but gardening is suspended. I would say this is on advice from the relevant government office as it seems very specific but if in doubt, try the numbers Julie has given.

Just also to mention that the movement of employees form A can also be used by self-employed persons.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

WHL that's a very comprehensive list of what is open and what is not,thanks...However,Car wash places?? If I where stopped by the police and asked where I was going and said to the car wash,would this wash ( excuse the pun ) with the police as surely having your horseless carriage in pristine condition is not " essential "..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Is it classed as essential if you run out of cash and drive to a bank to use the ATM?
All things are possible
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Probably yes, as no3 on the form covers visits to the bank for things which can’t be done on line.

Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Lincoln wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:48 am Is it classed as essential if you run out of cash and drive to a bank to use the ATM?
If I understand it correctly, if you are over 65 and use the printed form, you can tick going to the supermarket and going to the bank, so you can do both. If you are using your mobile for permission, you can do one or the other but not both!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

To be honest, I don't think popping to the cashpoint even counts as a visit to the bank. I think that is for when you need to go inside and speak to a teller.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Dominic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:05 am To be honest, I don't think popping to the cashpoint even counts as a visit to the bank. I think that is for when you need to go inside and speak to a teller.
Be it on your own head if you are fined for not obeying restrictions.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Devil wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 am
Dominic wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:05 am To be honest, I don't think popping to the cashpoint even counts as a visit to the bank. I think that is for when you need to go inside and speak to a teller.
Be it on your own head if you are fined for not obeying restrictions.
It wouldn't happen to me anyway. If I am going to a supermarket I pay with plastic.