Danger of coronavirus - 11500

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Re: Coronavirus Update (Live)

Post by Firefly »

I saw this, very interesting.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Austin7 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Unable for me to view now!

Try HERE
mike strand2

Re: Danger of coronavirus

Post by mike strand2 »

Dr Vernon Coleman explains why he thinks the current hysteria over the coronavirus has a hidden agenda. The YouTube video.

Quite frankly I do not believe his theory at all. Yes, his FACTS are no doubt correct, (though I've not checked), but to suggest firstly that China would have started this off is ludicrous, with other countries then following his devious ideas. China does not have much of a welfare system to support the old & infirm as European countries do, so what economic advantage would it have been for them? The same goes for Filipino's and other such nations! Then at the end to suggest that if and when a vaccine is produced it would be administered compulsorily, surely defeats the whole thesis of his argument! Unless of course there's something else in the vaccine that will shorten the lives of the elderly. Now that most certainly would be a great conspiracy theory! :twisted:
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Danger of coronavirus

Post by Dominic »

Its all a steaming pile of horse manure.

The problem with all these frankly ludicrous conspiracy theories is that they require a level of governing competency that far exceeds anything we see in reality.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Cyprus does have the highest number of police per 100,000 of population 573, compared to an EU average of 318 and a UK average of 212 . So they certainly have enough to police this one would think . We have 3 police stations within 10 KM of each other and each has between 4 and 6 police cars outside at any one time but all close by 9 pm . Living by the motorway we can hear the traffic increase at night and in the early morning. At 5 am this morning it was busy with almost the normal amount of Sunday traffic coming out of Limassol to visit their houses in the villages.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Perhaps the police should set up a roadblock on the A6 highway out of Limassol & of Pafos and check every car, only allowing those with the correct permit to continue. The hold-up behind the road block would soon discourage unnecessary journeys! Another on the B6 too!
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

The police numbers have also been bolstered by using the army to help too, well at least they were on Friday down Ellados Avenue.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I'm dreading what the new measures will be. I take my dogs out, alone, I run, alone and go shopping as little as possible. I hope I can still do that but can see it being taken away due to the minority of pig ignorant, selfish twats who feel the rules don't apply to them. Having just read that someone went to a family gathering and infected 15 people there, it really makes me despair for people and their lack of intelligence.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Jimgym wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:02 pm I'm dreading what the new measures will be. I take my dogs out, alone, I run, alone and go shopping as little as possible. I hope I can still do that but can see it being taken away due to the minority of pig ignorant, selfish twats who feel the rules don't apply to them. Having just read that someone went to a family gathering and infected 15 people there, it really makes me despair for people and their lack of intelligence.

Oh! BTW

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ;)
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

35 new cases largest increase on a single day isn’t it .Greece has said the Orthodox Easter has to be very low key with no family gatherings and no trips to villages. Guess we will follow suit as well as a limit on number of journeys taken per week. 288000 SMS requests recorded just this last weekend which is amazing . Went for the fortnightly shop and people in front one had just a pineapple , the next 2 small Tetra Pak drinks !! Crazy .
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Danger of coronavirus - 11500

Post by Dominic »

If anybody is curious why this thread topic now has "11500" in the title, that is the number I have to enter when I move posts here from the Corona News Thread. I got fed up with having to look it up so now it stands there at the top of the thread.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

memory man wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:10 pm
Jimgym wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:02 pm I'm dreading what the new measures will be. I take my dogs out, alone, I run, alone and go shopping as little as possible. I hope I can still do that but can see it being taken away due to the minority of pig ignorant, selfish twats who feel the rules don't apply to them. Having just read that someone went to a family gathering and infected 15 people there, it really makes me despair for people and their lack of intelligence.

Oh! BTW

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ;)
Thanks MM, it will certainly be a quiet one, although I did bake myself a cake!!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Happy Birthday!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Please note I had nothing whatsoever to do with the making of that.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Lol Dominic, thank you. Certainly the most unusual birthday wishes I've ever been sent! :lol:
Pinleyb93

Post by Pinleyb93 »

We live opposite this branch of Helennic you should have seen the queue there at about 12-30 today must have been about 30 people waiting.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Dogs not on the lead.

I see many people walking their dogs of the lead. Surely this should be discouraged, if you touch the dog, the virus could be on its fur, when the owner of the dog retrieves it, social distance is reduced.

Whilst writing, with more people exercising with your dog.............pick up its mess..........please, whilst at it.....stop it weeing on my car tyre!!

Rant over.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I must admit I always have our dog on a lead when walking with him.. And I never let him wee on peoples cars, I would not like it on mine
Trev..
memory man

Post by memory man »

So, that means, no SMS or form is needed for
a doctors visit or visit to pharmacy!!