Philippos

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mandyr

Philippos

Post by Mandyr »

Went shopping to Philippos this morning well before 10am. to find people in the store that were well under the age of 60. There was a scrappy piece of paper on the window, hand written stating this, there wasn’t anyone at the doors checking people entering and exiting, no rubber gloves supplied just an antiseptic machine. At the cashier desks there are no floor markings to keep people at a distance from each other. Why is it that other stores can put themselves out at this worrying time and again what about his staff?
Lincoln

Re: Philippos

Post by Lincoln »

Best to avoid going there would be my recommendation.
All things are possible
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

He will loose customers," one way or the other".
josef k

Post by josef k »

What did the police say when you reported him?
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

I’ve never liked the shop...it’s a bother for me to go as I’m in Polemi so not convenient, but when I have been I wasn’t impressed, the quality of fruit and veg was dire compared to Garden of Eden..
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
emgee

Post by emgee »

lefkes

He has sooooo many customers, losing the odd one or two won't matter.

Alan
emgee

Post by emgee »

I don't mind the tourists shopping but why does there have to be both parents and children together. Why do they compare prices to Tescos, Sainsburys Harrods etc? This is Cyprus.

Move over, I'm coming through.

Alan
memory man

Post by memory man »

Mandyr wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:06 pm . to find people in the store that were well under the age of 60.

There may have been people with conditions that are not visible ( I'm one of those )

* Whose responsibility is it to take precautions eg gloves and masks?
I would think it's the customer responsibility.

Hand cleaning machine - I agree with it being the stores duty to supply it
and clean trolly handles.

Do all other stores follow the procedures?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

LIDL,Polis Rd are doing everything right. Went there this morning abt 8.45, man on the door checking customers, asking for ID of anyone who looks less than 65. Hand sanitiser gel. Store not crowded as customers only the right age, admitted or presumably those disabled too. At checkouts yellow lines clearly marked on floor to maintain distance. They are very quick to,open extra tills to stop long queues forming.
Paps, Ellados Ave, not doing anything special, except sanitiser gel by the door and staff member checking customers use it.But store wasn’t crowded.
I don’t often use Philipos, but I find their store cramped with very narrow aisles and very little space for customers to queue near the tills. So I tend to avoid it now as maintaining social distancing is difficult if the store is crowded.
Dee.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Im I missing something, what is the point of standing two metres away from someone at the till, but you pass close by them as you walk up and down the aisles.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes WHL, that goes without saying! I said that I thought the aiskes at Phillipos were narrower than at the other supermarkets... so I won't go there.

Dee
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

Try Lidl at 07.00. Still the same working men buying their breakfasts from the pastry stand. No ID checks....Also only 4 customers so a great time to go!
memory man

Post by memory man »

Kili01 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:43 am I said that I thought the aiskes at Phillipos were narrower than at the other supermarkets... so I won't go there.

Dee
IMO the aisles at Paps Chlorakas are even narrower. :o
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I agree memory man - not only are the grocery aisles at Papantoniou in Chloraka much narrower, the air quality in general throughout the store is poorer than the other major stores. Hence even though in theory it is my nearest decent size supermarket I go to Papantoniou in town.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

This brings a question to my mind... What if you were stopped and said you were going shopping but were passing some shops to get to your favourite one.. I wonder if the police would book you for having a needless journey.
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Trev,
hopefully they won’t do that as it would be unfair to stop people from going to their preferred shops. Yesterday, I needed to go to two stores as I couldn’t have got all the items in my list otherwise. I went shopping early which helps as everywhere is less crowded.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I personally think it would be classed as travelling needlessly ... But I do take your point, we all have our favourite stores.. Unfortunately travel wise ours is the Harbour Paps :-(
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

I think the idea is to stop people traveling long distances, so l think going past a supermarket to your preferred supermarket could be classed as unnecessary... hence they ask for your post code.....
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

In reality, what difference does it make? Your car isn't going to catch or transmit a virus. Some will no doubt say that it could confine a cluster & identify the unfortunate who had the virus.

As someone said, if you think a particular shop is not as safe, then that's a very valid reason for not opening yourself up to catching CV.
WHL

Post by WHL »

[quote=trevnhil post_id=109403 time=1585382620 user_id=123]
This brings a question to my mind... What if you were stopped and said you were going shopping but were passing some shops to get to your favourite one.. I wonder if the police would book you for having a needless

I think you would have a problem if you travelled to another town