Slow Laptop Cured

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
trevnhil

Slow Laptop Cured

Post by trevnhil »

Good morning all. For the past few weeks my laptop which I use for many hours a day, to run a Face book group, has been really slow.. In particular pictures took ages to load...

I was told by the computer shop I use that a good remedy would be to have a Solid Sate Hard Drive installed... After thinking for a while I had one installed yesterday.....

What a difference it has made... Everything including pictures loads so quickly now..

So Thank You to Computer SOS for your advice, and for speeding up my laptop. It is Brilliant..
Trev..
JimX

Re: Slow Laptop Cured

Post by JimX »

Trev morning, yes this has been posted on before, I did then what you have done, put into all of my PCs and laptop, SSD drives, they do speed things up but eventually you will probably need a clean reinstall, I found the big advantage of SSDs was the loading speed not the running speed, but as you say you have seen the improvements these drives give you. and a cheap fix usually. Just one thing you could do is a regular clean up with a free application called ''CCleaner'' amazing how they work cleaning out all old files not used and tracking files too, well worth the downloading time..

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Good Morning Jim... I am certainly well pleased with the speed of things on my laptop now..
I do actually have CCleaner and usually run it about one a week ..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

We've been using SSD drives for years. They are dirt cheap these days as well, compared to what they were a couple of years ago.

You can buy extrenal SSDs which connect to the USB3 port as well. So you can easily add extra, super fast storage.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.