You couldn't make it up.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgym

Re: You couldn't make it up.

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:56 am
Jimgym wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:23 pm Haven’t Morocco been asking Spain to hand back Ceuta and Melilla?
Yes but Morocco isn't trying to strike a trade deal with the EU.

And Jackie, the EU was backing the UK until we left on Friday night losing the benefits of being a member. That's what happens when you give up your place at the table.

Jim
Oh well that’s ok then 🙄
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:13 pm
Jim B wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:56 am
Jimgym wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:23 pm Haven’t Morocco been asking Spain to hand back Ceuta and Melilla?
Yes but Morocco isn't trying to strike a trade deal with the EU.

And Jackie, the EU was backing the UK until we left on Friday night losing the benefits of being a member. That's what happens when you give up your place at the table.

Jim
Oh well that’s ok then 🙄
Cant see where I wrote or even implied it was "OK" but it's not as if we weren't warned was it; oh that's right Leavers put it down to Project Fear?

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim, just because Spain still wants Gibraltar back, does not for one minute mean that will actually happen. Anyone that thinks so, needs to give their head a good shake. Perhaps, instead of bringing up Gibraltar, yet again, they could focus on Morocco's claim to Ceuta and Melilla? I'm sure Morocco would be happy. Or maybe they could focus on Catalan. If they think for one minute though that Britain will be pushover, I'm afraid they, and many others are in for a nasty surprise.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I totally agree with you regarding Morroco but the difference is Morroco does not have the power to veto EU trade talks unlike Spain. We will see whether or not the British Government are prepared to sacrifice the few (Gibraltar) for the many (the UK) like they sacrificed the DUP.
What do you propose, we go to war over It?

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:31 pm I totally agree with you regarding Morroco but the difference is Morroco does not have the power to veto EU trade talks unlike Spain. We will see whether or not the British Government are prepared to sacrifice the few (Gibraltar) for the many (the UK) like they sacrificed the DUP.

Jim
I don't propose war no. There are far more effective ways of dealing with it as I am sure the British Govt know. I doubt very much that handing Gibraltar back has even entered the minds of any of them. Spain has been harping on for years, and nothing will change, on either side. Let them veto trade talks if they so wish, and we will see how that goes down with the rest of the EU!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

As I read it Spain has said they will veto Gibraltar being part of any Trade Talk agreements so it will be down to the British Government whether to accept or reject the terms and on past history Blojo has already sold several friends and partners out for the betterment of himself.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jim B

Of course the EU won't back us, they are sulking big time because they cannot rule us anymore, and won't be having the huge contributions that we have made over the last 40 odd years.

A knife in the back does not surprise me at all from Europe, It just shows how shallow the EU is.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jim B wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:31 pm I totally agree with you regarding Morroco but the difference is Morroco does not have the power to veto EU trade talks unlike Spain. We will see whether or not the British Government are prepared to sacrifice the few (Gibraltar) for the many (the UK) like they sacrificed the DUP.

Jim
How did they sacrifice the DUP?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgward wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Jim
By agreeing to a border in the Irish sea hung the DUP out to dry.

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Firefly wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:59 pm Jim B

Of course the EU won't back us, they are sulking big time because they cannot rule us anymore, and won't be having the huge contributions that we have made over the last 40 odd years.

A knife in the back does not surprise me at all from Europe, It just shows how shallow the EU is.
Right!!! :roll:
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jim B wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:08 pm
Jimgward wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Jim
By agreeing to a border in the Irish sea hung the DUP out to dry.

Jim
It hung NI out to dry - the DUP is NOT NI - it is a political party
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

JWard
Yes he also hung Northern Ireland out to dry but the DUP was the Conservatives close Brexit partners who he abandoned and made a deal behind their backs with the EU.

Jim
wilky

Post by wilky »

Northern Ireland voted 55.8% to remain and 44.2% to leave it looks like Boris did NI a favour he went with the people not the DUP.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jim B wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:31 pm JWard
Yes he also hung Northern Ireland out to dry but the DUP was the Conservatives close Brexit partners who he abandoned and made a deal behind their backs with the EU.

Jim
The DUP represented a minority fo the population and are a joke of a political party. How May even considered doing ANY deal with them is unbelievable. They are the political arm of a terrorist organisation.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgward wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:28 pm
Jim B wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:31 pm JWard

Jim
The DUP represented a minority fo the population and are a joke of a political party. How May even considered doing ANY deal with them is unbelievable. They are the political arm of a terrorist organisation.
I totally agree with everything you say but the Tories made a pact with them, gave them a billion pounds and then stabbed them in the bAck.
I'm not defending the DUP but highlighting how untrustworthy the present Tory Party is.

Jim
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Advice from the Telegraph on post Brexit relating to travelling in Europe.
It does refer to pet passports and the like and the link opened for me.

Jim

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/advice ... rnc92ije2U
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Queuing at Schipol Immigration, not the Brexit this particular Leaver voted for.

Jim

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/brex ... 62511.html
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jim B wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:39 am Queuing at Schipol Immigration, not the Brexit this particular Leaver voted for.

Jim

Get used to it, what did this idiot expect, never mind stiff upper lip and all that :lol:
lionelcyprus

Post by lionelcyprus »

WHL wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:35 am
Jim B wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:39 am Queuing at Schipol Immigration, not the Brexit this particular Leaver voted for.

Jim

Get used to it, what did this idiot expect, never mind stiff upper lip and all that :lol:
:D :D :D
I must admit, this story did make me laugh also.
Dominus illuminatio mea
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

I remember smudger's post on here too, what a pity she doesn't post anymore.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.