MRI scanner..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

MRI scanner..

Post by trevnhil »

Does anyone know where there is a cheap MRI scanner that we could pay for a visitor to use... ASAP
Trev..
Jim B

Re: MRI scanner..

Post by Jim B »

There's a place by the hospital rounderbout. If you come down from Anavargas to the rounderbout, go through as if heading to the motorway and take the first left (there is a sign directing to the clinic).

Jim
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you Jim... I think I know where you mean.. I could get a price from them.. I am trying to spend as little as possible
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:13 pm Does anyone know where there is a cheap MRI scanner that we could pay for a visitor to use... ASAP
One can find it also on the PL directory.... https://www.paphoslife.com/directory/entry/mri_paphos

Max
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Admittedly I suppose there are a few around the hospitals. I was trying to save some expense if someone knew of a value for money one .
Trev..
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

I think that the one just below the General hospital, on the road behind the Alexander College, is the only actual MRI scanner in Paphos.
When Dave was scanned there more than two years ago, he was told that if he had gone private, it would have cost about €400 ....
Kay
Those who do not like cats, must have been mice in a former life! :lol:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you Kay.. A lot of money to find for someone visiting..
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

There is only one in Paphos. Prizes are different for the different MRI's needed. The MRI machine cost an enormous amount of money, so they are not around as XRay machines.
Louise :)
jeba

Post by jeba »

Prices will also vary depending on the distance between the individual scans or whether contrast agent is applied.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

There are a few MRI scanners in Paphos - the one I would highly recommend is at the George Vorkas Radiology Center. He used to be the Radiologist at the Iasis and has set up his own radiology centre. Worth giving him a phone call and asking for a price.

G. VORKAS DLC
Tel:26943300
Fax:26943301
Leoforos Tasou Papadopoulou 179,
8025 Paphos
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

LouiseCastricum wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:15 am There is only one in Paphos. Prizes are different for the different MRI's needed. The MRI machine cost an enormous amount of money, so they are not around as XRay machines.
Why make such a statement when it it totaly WRONG. There are several MRI's in and around Paphos.
All things are possible
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

Hi Trev
I had a MRI 3years ago and it was 400 euros it was inconclusive so they done a repeat at no
extra cost
garry
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Lincoln wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:37 am
LouiseCastricum wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:15 am There is only one in Paphos. Prizes are different for the different MRI's needed. The MRI machine cost an enormous amount of money, so they are not around as XRay machines.
Why make such a statement when it it totaly WRONG. There are several MRI's in and around Paphos.
Thank you so much for correcting me. I wasn't aware of several MRI's in Paphos. Before the Diagnostic Centre opened I was sent to Limassol for an MRI. Can you please let me (us) know where they are in Paphos? Thank you !
Louise :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks all for your replies. i have called at the Alexander one this morning and they are taking bookings for March !!!! The cost would be from €300 upwards..
Trev..
poolriver

Post by poolriver »

My wife used Vorkas last Tuesday as a referral from Dr at Evangalismos the previous day. Was private and cost 300 euros.

As said not cheap but swift.

Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

My wife and a family member with a bad shoulder waited till well after 1pm today having a 10 o'clock appointment. When he was finally seen the doctor did NOTHING. He said there was no point in organising a scan via the hospital as his visit will be over before anything is done...

So two very disappointing members of our family, with the Paphos Hospital Grrrrr..
Trev..
Kissos

Post by Kissos »

The only mri scanner I have used that gave me written, printed and a CD within a couple of hours of having scan was at the hospital below in Nicosia. It was a brain scan with contrast and cost around 400e. Around 300e for other scans. At least give them a call for advice as they have a 24 hr tel number. I only go to Nicosia as machines tend to be newer and faster https://www.aretaeio.com or try the German oncology centre in Limassol.
Kissos

Post by Kissos »

Also I don't know of any 'cheap scans' as machines cost millions to purchase and training staff to use them too. I had an MRI on a very old MRI here originally and results were not accurate.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I too have had an MRI brain scan in Paphos... There was a full report and a CD with the results..
The scan was done via Gesy and the cost was €40... So Gesy worked well for me..
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Sorry, Trev, MRI scans are’t cheap! They are very expensive to buy and need a specially trained operator. Paphos is fortunate to have several scanners so waiting time to have one done is minimal. You can also self refer for most types of scans and x -rays here, unlike in the UK or other European countries where you’d need to see a doctor first,

Dee