Staysure travel insurance

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Staysure travel insurance

Post by trevnhil »

chris&pam wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:15 am If you google 'Citybond' you get through to the company itself. Get the same deal as if you went through an agency but without paying the agency fee!
The problem with doing that is Cyprus is NOT listed on the question, where do you live !!!
Trev..
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

If you go to Citybond home page and open the link for a quick quote then scroll down to you see 'Rep of Cyprus'. We've used Citybond since Staysure informed us they 'don't do Cyprus.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

I note a lot of people blame medical costs in USA.

A knowledgable person on these matter tol me the Cyrpus health system is to blame also.

In the UK for example people have a GP who keeps records of medical health and treatmenta and any hospital in/outpatient treatments etc.

In Cypus comprehensive medical records are not available, nor until now do patients have a designated dr, who the insurance companies can write to to establise existing medical conditions - the consqquence is hight premiums.

Maybe this will change with the new system.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have certainly answered the question about having a doctor that we are registered with truthfully
Even before this new NHS we have been registered with one GP, who we have gone to for treatment from time to time..
Trev..
Oxfordboy

Post by Oxfordboy »

If it helps, I have been using Globelink for a couple of years now as I travel quite frequently and they seemed to cover just about everything including (up to) 10 million GBP in Medical cover. I fortunately haven't had cause to use them, but I did find the online purchase/renewal process pretty good and their rates seem quite reasonable.

I'm usually hooked up to either a work or hotel wifi when in the US so haven't needed to activate my Cyprus mobile data, but there are certainly PAYG SIM cards you can get.
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

HiC - We travel to the States a lot, albeit from the UK so insurance isn't an issue. Regarding internet on the go, we generally buy a US SIM with a month's data etc. Available in vending machines at most airports when you land, and a variety of data plans. Recently we have been getting them from Amazon before we go as it's one less thing to think about when we get there. I have a duel SIM phone so put the US one in the slot I usually use for my Cyprus one. Used to just use a spare phone before I got a duel SIM. More often than not, we don't use a lot of the data because free WiFi is quite widespread as it is in most places nowadays.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

That’s only with the insurer’s prior approval though. How is that different from needing their authorization?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Dominic wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:14 am That’s only with the insurer’s prior approval though. How is that different from needing their authorization?
Absolutely.A friend in the UK recently broke her arm whilst visiting her daughter in France & went to the local private hospital only to return home with a large bill because the hospital she went to wasn’t on the insurers approved list.
Meri2

Post by Meri2 »

trevnhil wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 pm What matters to us is that the insurance covers various medical conditions like heart stents and Diabetes.
I’m with Eurolife /Bank of Cyprus
Excellent cover !
WHL

Post by WHL »

Atlantic for me, not the cheapest, but when Ive claimed in the past, they pay up pronto.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

But Europsure doesn't allow any medical facility to be used, unless you get prior approval. How is that different from the Globelink policy which said you should use state hospitals "unless authorised specifically by Mayday Assistance."

Or to put it another way, how can you be sure Europsure will give you prior approval, and not just insist you go to the state hospital?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

We recently bought holiday insurance at Abbeygate, £28 for 50 days European cover.

Jim