Immigration

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
darrow

Re: Immigration

Post by darrow »

It opens at 7.30a.m. People start arriving at 7a.m. in order to get in fairly quickly, when you arrive there is a reception on the left hand side. Go there with your appt paper and they will give you a numbered ticket. Our appt was 10- 12 and we arrived at 10.20. It was packed. We had number 44 and 19 was only just going in.The problem was all the "fixers" going in with handfuls of paperwork without appointments. One lady had been there since 7.30 and was seen at 11a.m. We were there 4 hours. Once in, we were 5 minutes! Take some water, it gets hot in there! The good news was, we had our MEU3 exactly 2 weeks later in the post!
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

Get there for 6am (take a flask or water). You'll have a 90min wait but you'll be first in and out by 8am. Or get there after 6.45 and expect a wait of around 2-4 hours.
Sheer Khan

WRe: Immigration

Post by Sheer Khan »

Well I don’t know about MEU3 arriving in two weeks, we have been waiting 7 months, when we enquired about the delay we were told could be several more months.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

We were at Immigration on 22nd October and received our MEU3 documents today.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Outside if the building isn’t open.. You will see a queue.or pay someone to help you and make it easier.
I chose the latter.
Dee
Varky

Post by Varky »

All I can say is good luck!
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

We applied for MEU3 5th September 2018 still waiting for it. Sent emails to Nicosia immigration and made phone calls no reply to both. So good luck and well done to those who have received them.
We have paid someone to get our IPT tax that was over a year ago, still not got it, so paying someone is not always the answer.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Well, I did use a well known agent to help me and it paid off when after 9 months my MEU3 still hadn’t arrived. They found out that although it had apparently been issued and posted, when it still hadn’t come, they were able to arrange for me to get duplicate one. For this one of the agents staff dealt with the Paphos Immigration Office as well as the head office in Nicosia. To take delivery she accompanied me to immigration (Paphos) and then to the Law Courts where I signed for, and rec’d the duly stamped and certified copy of my missing original MEU3. Incidentally my missing original copy must have got lost somewhere in the postal system as it never arrived.
I couldn’t have done that on my own!

Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Tremigirl wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:36 am We applied for MEU3 5th September 2018 still waiting for it. Sent emails to Nicosia immigration and made phone calls no reply to both. So good luck and well done to those who have received them.
We have paid someone to get our IPT tax that was over a year ago, still not got it, so paying someone is not always the answer.
I have decided to go to Nicosia Immigration Office to sort out my particular query (incorrect information on my record which affects my access to some GESY services).
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

We went on 17th Oct having made an appointment in August
We were waiting for 3.5 hrs but as we had ALL the documents requested we were in and out once inside the inner sanctum
We just received our MEU3 today!
No agents, we did it all ourselves all it cost was our time 😊
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
daveg

Post by daveg »

Can I ask, on what grounds can you get an IPT refund?
This is all news to me .......
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Tremigirl wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:36 am We applied for MEU3 5th September 2018 still waiting for it. Sent emails to Nicosia immigration and made phone calls no reply to both. So good luck and well done to those who have received them.
Took nearly 3 years to get our IPT back