Troodos Mountains showing off, but only for minutes (pics)

If you want to share your pictures or videos and keep them in one place, then post them here.

For pictures, max dimensions: 1024x1024. Max file size: 256K
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Troodos Mountains showing off, but only for minutes (pics)

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Whenever I looked at the direction of Mt.Olympos today it was always the same - hiding behind large clouds..

while I was laying on my sunbed, enjoying a nice drink, suddenly the mountains were showing off and one could see the peaks covered with snow. First only the area where the big antenna is...

but then you had the full panorama

unfortunately this episode lasted only less than 5 minutes and then it looked again like this..

but what was happening 1/2 hours later was even more spectacular than the view of mountains with a little snow

This clouds were only towards the hilly countryside, while my place and towards the sea was from midday in full sunshine.(sunburned now) :lol:

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Troodos Mountains showing off, but only for minutes (pics)

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I should not have worried too much yesterday, as today there is only blue sky above the highest mountains, but then the weather forecast was not like that, if I remember well :o , but then: "Red sky at night, sailors delight"......

Max
jen

Re: Troodos Mountains showing off, but only for minutes (pics)

Post by jen »

The concept of "Red sky at night, shepherd's delight. Red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning" first appears in the Bible in the book of Matthew. It is an old weather saying often used at sunrise and sunset to signify the changing sky and originally known to help the shepherds prepare for the next day's weather