Video of Cairo and around it

If you want to share your pictures or videos and keep them in one place, then post them here.

For pictures, max dimensions: 1024x1024. Max file size: 256K
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Video of Cairo and around it

Post by Devil »

This is 18 minutes of a trip in and around Cairo. It starts with the Egypt Museum with a good coverage of the treasures found in Tutenkhamen's tomb. Of course, some of Cairo including the Muhammad Ali Mosque, the Pyramids, Memphis, Saqqara (including one of the oldest buildings in the world). The video ends with a sequence of Cairo's 'Son et Lumière' night-time light show at the Pyramids and Sphinx.
This video was shot in the spare moments of a business trip, mostly in the evenings.
aphrodite

Re: Video of Cairo and around it

Post by aphrodite »

Thank you Devil for sharing the video, I found it fascinating. Do you know who it was giving the commentary during the Son et Lumière show, it sounded a little bit to me like Sir Alec Guinness?
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

aphrodite wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:08 pm Thank you Devil for sharing the video, I found it fascinating. Do you know who it was giving the commentary during the Son et Lumière show, it sounded a little bit to me like Sir Alec Guinness?
Sorry, no idea.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Fabulous to see your tour, Devil - you've just taken me back to our very similar experience in 1991 when I took my husband as a surprise 30th birthday present on a 5 night city break to Cairo. That led to the start of many more magnificent adventures and our love of Egypt.

The Sound & Light show we saw was narrated by Richard Burton and we were totally fascinated by it. I know the narrator has changed a few times since then.

Did you get to see the Solar Boat museum by the side of the Cheops/Khufu pyramid? We were overawed by that and have been back a couple of times since with different friends and enjoying them taking their first glimpse of our most loved holiday destination.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"