Nice promotion video of Paphos district, Akamas....

If you want to share your pictures or videos and keep them in one place, then post them here.

For pictures, max dimensions: 1024x1024. Max file size: 256K
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Nice promotion video of Paphos district, Akamas....

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Nice promotion video of Paphos district (Akamas, Forest, sea caves...) in Greek language... published today from Paphos Press, produced these days.

At least no politics.

Cogs123

Re: Nice promotion video of Paphos district, Akamas....

Post by Cogs123 »

Thank you for that Max, lovely 😊.....& I agree...a refreshing change from politics :lol:
Life is not about waiting for the Storm to pass...
It is about learning to Dance in the Rain
panoscouse

Post by panoscouse »

Really enjoyed that Max, thank you.

Politics are for those that are seriously missing out on the beauty of Cyprus and what life has to offer.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic

Don't miss watching the Wedding Day trailer which are following...nice music as well

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I have passed that wedding day trailer on to my wife. Cheers.

One day I will have to do a video. They take a lot longer to put together than the photo blogs I do though.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic, as soon as you have a drone with camera and mix the video with shots from your mobile or pro camera it will be so much more impressive, but saying that there coming recently many good quality videos up on web, which one could use. (Perhaps not the subjects YOU are going to choose)

Max.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Hudswell, this was the view from my villa at Neo Chorio 1987 before I sold it. It was later demolished in order to have space for 12 new villas..memories
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

It's a very nice video indeed :-) and you had a house in a magnificent position there Max. I would have been very sorry to have given that view up.... I hope you have another place with such a view.

I would love to have a drone but sadly, I'm a woman with very little patience and really don't think I could deal with the torment of having to edit every little bit.

I am considering buying one of the so called "action" cameras to attach to my bicycle for our rides out around our local area. Often I see something either when it's too late or miss an opportunity to photograph it because my phone is usually tucked safely away in my pocket. I don't tend to take my DSLR with me on our rides so am looking at a small camera of around 12mpx up to 16mpx. I can get fairly decent photos with my mobile which is only 5mpx so think either of these would suffice. The ones I'm looking at cost around £40 here in UK.

Then, if I like the results - possibly I will treat myself to a drone for a special birthday which will be coming up in the next 18 months.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Lloyd..... 20 hours!
Help, that's like having a job.
Hmmmmm, this needs some serious thinking :? :?
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Yes the position of my ex house was as you say magnificent but as time passes by, things changed a lot at this area. Imagine you are used to no neighbours and suddenly you are in the middle of a building site. A Nicosia company which bought my property in 1993 because I was in the center of their project, building houses all around me. What was before Nature became a place like Kamares Village with more than 100 villas planned on my hill.
I brought water and electricity to the place in the past to be able to live there. I had a subtropical garden of 5000 m2 in an area where one could see only large stones and some wild shrubs. To look down on 100 houses with chimneys and perhaps oil burners was NOT to my liking when I bought the land.
Looking down to see my orange farm with more than 100 trees, that what I liked. As a hobby farmer I tried to show Cypriots different methods to grow Oranges the organic way but they were not that much interested because it is easier to spray some chemicals to kill the weeds and relax with some coffees than to mow the grass with a machine which I did even in August. At least I succeeded with a method to stop the really bad plant disease called phyllocnistis (leave miner) and when the trees had plenty fruits I sold every week 1ton of organic grown mineola when they were in season to Paphos Hotels.(The tourists loved these)
Max
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Sounds wonderful, Max until the developers arrived :-(
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

This is the view from my old property now!! Lovely roofs...
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

If you're planning on flying a drone in Cyprus - make sure you have a permit and apparently, insurance too!
Police in Paphos confiscated a drone on Tuesday night from a tourist who was caught operating the device without any permit.

According to the Cyprus News Agency, the tourist was operating the drone in the area of the medieval castle in Kato Paphos, and told police that he had not obtained the necessary permits from the civil aviation department.

According to the civil aviation department, each unmanned aircraft, including drones, must be registered with the department. Insurance coverage is required to fly one over populated areas.
http://cyprus-mail.com/2017/04/19/drone-confiscated/