Safe Covid vaccine they say but are they sure?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Safe Covid vaccine they say but are they sure?

Post by Devil »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:01 pm the expected high volume of Covid-19 vaccine adverse drug reactions.
How, why, where, when, do they expect the adverse drug reactions? This is a totally unjustified interjection. There is no proof, to date, of serious reactions from the initial trials other than headaches.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:18 pm https://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED%3ANOT ... qWhgQYwnEs

Silly me, I forgot to post the official link.
Events unforeseeable — the Covid-19 crisis is novel and developments in the search of a Covid-19 vaccine have not followed any predictable pattern so far.
This is hardly a scary forecast; belts and braces come to mind!
boycott

Post by boycott »

Devil wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:10 pm
Austin7 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:01 pm the expected high volume of Covid-19 vaccine adverse drug reactions.
How, why, where, when, do they expect the adverse drug reactions? This is a totally unjustified interjection. There is no proof, to date, of serious reactions from the initial trials other than headaches.
As Mandy Rice Davis said in court "Well they would, wouldn't they!

Didn't they teach you at school that for every positive reaction there is a negative reaction and the reverse.

Far to much money involved for people especially governments to tell the truth!
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:01 pm Apparently the UK Government's MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency) is urgently seeking an 'artificial intelligence' software tool to process the expected high volume of Covid-19 vaccine adverse drug reactions. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence of their safety. :shock:
A bit like their world beating track and trace system
David
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

More detailed article about using artificial intelligence to sift through reports of side effects and adverse reactions to Covid-19 vaccines:
https://www.ft.com/content/17a306cd-be7 ... 2916b34797
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

We can all do without this kind of 'news'. Probably the only way to end this Pandemic and allow us all to get back to a 'normal' life will be via one of the new vaccines which are being developed. If its a choice of dying from Covid19 or taking a well researched new vaccine, to me its a no-brainer.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think the problem is that people are sceptical of the words 'well researched' .. The Covid Pandemic is hardy 12 months old... The vaccine will hopefully be OK, and of course those that are making and selling it will tell you that it is..
But there have been vaccines in the past that have been given reassuring reasons for people to have it, and then later it has been found to cause problems...
I am not saying there will be any problems with the different vaccines for Covid 19.. But I can understand why some people have reservations ..
Trev..
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

In a crisis, which would be more desirable, a vaccine which works with a 95% success rate, compared with 5% without a vaccine? Which would you take if you were given the choice? No vaccine can be 100% reliable, so we must take the rough with the smooth.
dodo

Post by dodo »

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole and certainly not if it was from Pfizer!
Anyone checked out there history?!

https://www.drugwatch.com/manufacturers/pfizer/
boycott

Post by boycott »

Devil wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:34 am In a crisis, which would be more desirable, a vaccine which works with a 95% success rate, compared with 5% without a vaccine? Which would you take if you were given the choice? No vaccine can be 100% reliable, so we must take the rough with the smooth.
Devil its not whether the vaccine works and its percentage success rate of resolving the covid infection in ones body, its what it does to you in a few weeks/months/years time as it has not been tested long enough to see if there are any long term effects.
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

its what it does to you in a few weeks/months/years time as it has not been tested long enough to see if there are any long term effects.

Surely it's up to us older generation to test this vaccine it's only a couple of weeks ago we were wearing
poppy's for the ones who sacrificed for us it's up to us to step up to the plate
garry
boycott

Post by boycott »

garry&jill wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:17 pm its what it does to you in a few weeks/months/years time as it has not been tested long enough to see if there are any long term effects.

Surely it's up to us older generation to test this vaccine it's only a couple of weeks ago we were wearing
poppy's for the ones who sacrificed for us it's up to us to step up to the plate
garry
No problem, my wife and I will follow your lead in a few years time!

And no I will NOT be putting my trust in what BJ and MH (or any other countries ministers) are saying about taking it!
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

boycott wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:35 am Devil its not whether the vaccine works and its percentage success rate of resolving the covid infection in ones body, its what it does to you in a few weeks/months/years time as it has not been tested long enough to see if there are any long term effects.
I disagree wholeheartedly. The important thing is to stop the spread of the disease, no matter the cost, as quickly as possible. If, and it is a big if, it turns out later that there are unforeseen after-effects, then the necessary measures to combat them can be taken, as there will be more time available for a cure.

If a vaccine is available, it would be criminal to withhold it because it may cause an undesirable after-effect in a small number of people, one year, two years later.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Had my first vaccination yesterday, I was given the Pfizer vaccine.

Today, had a mild headache this morning, two paracetamols sorted that out. Arm bruised and sore at the injection site, but I expected that, no other problems.

We will see what tomorrow brings, stay safe everyone.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Austin7, boycott,

If you do not want to have a vaccine, then don't join the queue and let someone with a more positive outlook move up.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

By the time each vaccine arrives in Cyprus it will be tried and tested and people who want to have the vaccination will be more than happy with whichever is on offer as each one will have been approved by the medical world.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Devil wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:55 pm
boycott wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:35 am Devil its not whether the vaccine works and its percentage success rate of resolving the covid infection in ones body, its what it does to you in a few weeks/months/years time as it has not been tested long enough to see if there are any long term effects.
I disagree wholeheartedly. The important thing is to stop the spread of the disease, no matter the cost, as quickly as possible. If, and it is a big if, it turns out later that there are unforeseen after-effects, then the necessary measures to combat them can be taken, as there will be more time available for a cure.

If a vaccine is available, it would be criminal to withhold it because it may cause an undesirable after-effect in a small number of people, one year, two years later.
The vaccines are to protect the vaccinated, by lessening effects of any virus - such that you do not get serious symptoms. It will not stop the spread, necessarily, nor provide herd immunity - as was said at the beginning.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

As with the 'Flu' virus, as I see it, this Corvid 19 virus will always be with us, and the need for annual vaccination will be the same.

Hopefully as with other vaccines, it will prevent many infections, or at least lessen the severity of it. Those who are anti vaccination must therefore take their chances.

Apart from being rather tired, no new symptoms to report.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

boycott wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:35 am its what it does to you in a few weeks/months/years time as it has not been tested long enough to see if there are any long term effects.
Few weeks/months/years? What do I care? In all probability, I'll be dead in a few weeks/months and certainly years. In a couple of months I'll be celebrating my 89th If I survive that long!

These users thanked the author Devil for the post:
Varky

Thanks, Varky, for your wonderful encouraging remark! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Devil on Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Devil wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:22 pm
boycott wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:35 am its what it does to you in a few weeks/months/years time as it has not been tested long enough to see if there are any long term effects.
Few weeks/months/years? What do I care? In all probability, I'll be dead in a few weeks/months and certainly years. In a couple of months I'll be celebrating my 89th If I survive that long!
If everyone takes the same attitude as boycott and does not have the vaccine, not only you but a good proportion of the world's population will be dead.