New Sampling Points Announced For Free COVID Tests

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

New Sampling Points Announced For Free COVID Tests

Post by Dominic »

Free screening program for COVID-19 with rapid antigen detection method in progress - New sampling points announced, including one in Peyia.

Read the article and chat about it below...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lucky Lady

Re: New Sampling Points Announced For Free COVID Tests

Post by Lucky Lady »

We went to the Peyia one this morning. No queue, no pain and results within 24 hours.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

You are a lucky lady ;-)
Trev..
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Just popped down to Paphos for the free test. We went to to the testing station set up in 28 October Square. Very civilised, just 2 people in front of us. Based on the time on the car park ticket, it was 18 mins from getting the ticket to getting back in the car for the 3 of us. On the way there and back we also drove by the one set up outside the Citizens Advice Centre. Same story there, just a couple of people waiting. Parking better down by the square though. The test is just a nasal swab which takes about 4 seconds and is not painful, just tickled a bit which wore off before we got back to the car.

Ian
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The testing station at 28 Oct square was busier on Monday when I had mine, which was the first day of these free tests. I was later told that most people who had had the test on Monday were negative to the virus. I think that it may be a way for the Govt to get an idea how active the virus is in the general population in Paphos and also in Limassol where these free tests are also being offered.

Dee
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Dee, that’s exactly what they announced as the reason for these free tests. The more of us that are tested the more accurate data they will have to decide next steps.

Ian
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

Has everyone been getting their test results back within 24 hours?
Had ours done on Tuesday morning but not had results back yet, did think it was not very professional as took swab but it didn't seem to go with any paper work.
Keeping our fingers crossed for negative results.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:04 pm The testing station at 28 Oct square was busier on Monday when I had mine, which was the first day of these free tests. I was later told that most people who had had the test on Monday were negative to the virus. I think that it may be a way for the Govt to get an idea how active the virus is in the general population in Paphos and also in Limassol where these free tests are also being offered.

Dee
The free tests are also being given in the Eastern part of Cyprus
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I got my results in just over 24 hrs. They came as a text message all in Greek. Luckily there was a phone no to ring,. The guy who answered told me that my result was negative. He also said they had been very busy...but they had already notified those who were positive.

Not a very good answer as everyone who's been tested would like to know their result.
The number which I was given was : 95 116910
Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is also not so good that the results were not in English
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:02 pm It is also not so good that the results were not in English
Greek and Turkish are the official languages of Cyprus, yes it would be good if they were in English, but there lies the problem, you go down that route you then must be fair and have it in Russian, Arabic, Polish, French, Italian etc etc etc, very easy to use a google translator.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Oh, I didn't know that you could translate messages on your phone.. You (or I) live and learn..
However I have a message on my phone from the Helenic bank.. I have tapped on it but nothing happens, it is still all Greek to me :-(
Last edited by trevnhil on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trev..
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

I take back what I said about not looking very professional as we have just got our results back and we are both NEGATIVE.
Got told by a text message and it was in English after scrolling through the Greek part.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Chlorakas Community Council / Κοινοτικό Συμβούλιο Χλώρακας
FREE KORONAIOU TEST FOR EVERYONE IN CHLORAKA
Saturday and Sunday 9.00 am. m-14.00 p. m at the square of Panagia Chrysoimatousi Church.
The Ministry of Health in collaboration with Mediwell will offer completely free #Covid19 Test of Antigen rapid detection for the entire population of Chloraka.
Take 5 minutes of your time and come take the test.
Together we can and will be able to intercept virus transmission.
Completely free, unconditional and conditions.

ADDITIONAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Only vulnerable groups and pensioners from 9.00 am will be served for the safest and smooth public attendance tests at Chloraka Square on the weekend. m until 10.00 am. m both days.
From 10.00 am m until 14.00 pm. testing for the whole world will continue normally.
Last edited by galexinda on Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daveg

Post by daveg »

48hrs after test, negative result received via text...Greek first then English.......
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Lucky you to get the result in English. I checked the text I got, but there was no English translation!

Dee
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

daveg wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:01 pm 48hrs after test, negative result received via text...Greek first then English.......
Same for both of us.

Ian