Virus Facebook Page

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Virus Facebook Page

Post by Dominic »

This is the text for people not able to see Facebook:

A message from Jennifer Saunders

Lets get this in perspective the crayon eaters who are set on pulling Boris down.

Firstly THE GOVERMENT DOES NOT ORDER EQUIPMENT for the NHS, they supply the money. The lazy arse MANAGERS of the NHS are the procurement sources.

It's not the government that deals with the logistics for the NHS, it's yes you've guessed it the NHS, more piss poor NHS management (goverment sorted that by giving them the Army).

Two years ago there was a major exercise about the country being prepared for a possible pandemic, the government did NOT run that exercise, the NHS did, which they used their fantastic line "we can flex" so they were supposedly in a good place, add to that now Brexit with all the stockpiles that we had, they sat there and told the goverment we are ok. Did the MANAGERS then pre empt the 4 weeks pipeline ordering (thats how long it takes container ship to come from......CHINA)....

oh how did we end up in that situation, well you stopped ordering from local sources, mistake all the eggs in one basket, who did that, not the goverment the NHS procurement.

With the care homes now screaming out for PPE shouting at the goverment, oh wait the majority of care home are PRIVATE business's, 84% to be exact. It is not the responsibility of the goverment to order PPE for the private care homes, the others are COUNCIL led therefore which ever banner they are under it is down to them. There are all these people hiding behind the goverment when in reality it is those MANAGERS who have fucked up. Not to worry though all our stirling journalists and crayon munching joe public who believe the tripe they publish, to bash the goverment, one because they didn't vote for Brexit and two because the toxic crayons have got to them.

The real joe public know our media are shite in almost every quarter and the muppets that chuck the stones from the sidelines, you know the ones that are armchair virologist/stratergy professionals who could do oh so much better....NOT.

The goverment has made mistakes, but not as many as the media would have you believe, instead of trying to pull this country together it seeks to divide, we don't need this at this crucial time, stop reading the gutter press, the armchair freaks STFU we need to get through this and your insessant squeaking is nothing but oxygen waste.

Lets get through this and beat this, as it is not over yet, not by a long chalk.

Written by Jennifer Saunders
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Typical one-sided view. While the NHS and the Care Industry ARE responsible for ordering PPE... the Government said through January and February that there wasn't a problem. the exercise she refers to, was conducted by the government and NHS civil servants, NOT NHS England, 3 1/2 years ago and declared secret by the government. In fact, I remember in March, Hancock telling us all that there was plenty of PPE and it was just the logistics of getting it out...
It is impossible now, for a Care business to order PPE, as it is for a Health Trust or Board. In fact, Public Health England was declared the ONLY vehicle to manage the crisis and the ordering of PPE and Ventilators. They also decided not to join the EU ordering consortium and we are. therefore one of the small countries trying to order supplies from the far-east. No NHS body was asked to stock PPE for this crisis.

So, I totally appreciate these are unprecedented times, but the Government is ultimately the ones who take all precedent on a national crisis, like this, and in advising,
Last edited by Jimgward on Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It is one-sided as your posts on the subject. So I guess it balances it out a bit. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:52 pm It is one-sided as your posts on the subject. So I guess it balances it out a bit. :)
Haha brilliant!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:52 pm It is one-sided as your posts on the subject. So I guess it balances it out a bit. :)
I think the difference is that one is a rant and the other is an explanation.

I suppose Blojo is doing a great job as long as you're not one of the 40,000 plus casualties.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I admit that I am one-sided when it comes to this. I don't have the distribution of a 'celebrity', sticking to some forums for my opinions.

HiC is correct, in that my business is with the NHS and Social Care only and I also have a medical director who is a senior consultant and anaesthetist, who keeps me briefed on what it is like at the sharp end. I also provide solutions to the NHS supply chain and do know the parameters they work within. i.e. I could have the cure for cancer, but selling it to the NHS would not be simple or quick.
In these Covid times, I have been in discussions with the UK-Level and Scottish-Level UK taskforces dealing with Covid, as I have contacts in the Chinese and Korean Remote Diagnostic Testing side. I have passes on a number of companies who have rapid Antigen and Antibody tests to PHE, so I think I am pretty qualified to speak on this crisis, seeing it from all sides.
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Spot on “ Happy in Cyprus “ ...So let’s hope the Government continue to act in a logical way and announce an easing down of the restrictions today. We need to get back to normal a.s.a.p., which we will do. Forget about this rubbish , talking about a New Normal , by this time next year most of us will be sitting in a restaurant enjoying a meal with our friends on this beautiful island. As H.l.C. Says you have to get the numbers into perspective. The social and financial damages done by this virus will be horrendous. Two further points: I am certainly glad that I was not in the U.K.during this time and I fear that the suicide rate might soar as a result of the financial hardship will definitely bring.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Is there not an argument for the NHS to own and operate its own Care Homes post pandemic period? The majority are in private hands and I would imagine that it is the responsibility of the owners to manage how they deal with PPE etc. Given that they can have a maximum of 120 beds and are by definition much smaller than hospitals, it is no surprise that the virus has transmitted in huge numbers particularly in an environment populated by elderly and vulnerable people. If any Government wants to transform social care I think it necessary to take it under the wing of the NHS and fund it correctly.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.