At last....a different Opinion

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: At last....a different Opinion

Post by Dominic »

The man is a highly qualified idiot.

You cannot compare death rates to the flu, because the Corona Virus death rates are occuring despite all these draconian measures being put in place.

Imagine how bad it would be if we hadn't? Jesus Christ, in the UK, bus drivers have been dying from Corona. How many bus drivers die from contracting the flu?

And I've got a BSc in Biochemistry, which I got in 1989, from Imperial. Means squat now, as that was over 30 years ago, but hey ho.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

The man is best known for being a rebel and a maverick, I would suggest people research his history and different agendas first and then decide.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Well, I got my external degree – equivalent to a BSc – in 1951 from the Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh. Does 69 years with it qualify me for anything? I doubt it because things have changed a bit in the field of electronics since then!

I agree with Dominic that the man is a highly qualified idiot. His past history of protests confirm this view, not to mention his reputation as a troublemaker!
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I think we all need to look at countries that have excelled in managing the covid problem, like South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, New Zealand and yes, Cyprus. Much better than the UK. Germany also showed the way,

The answer, known since January, is Test and Trace. Find out pockets and isolate them. Manage the infection unlit there is a vaccine - that means for at least another year from now - not total lockdown, once you have you’re Test and Trace working, but that is crucial.

Interestingly, the UK has point blank refused to believe in this. They are increasing testing (much too low and even when we did hit 100,000 a day, still too low) but not tracing. Even 111 is not encouraging people with mild symptoms to make themselves known.

The UK hasn’t dropped the Herd Immunity farce. All based on mathematical modelling based on influenza.
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Testing isn’t always reliable unfortunately, I was talking yesterday with a front line Covid-19 NHS sister who said this is the case, a patient could be negative Day 1 but positive Day 5 also like any other virus it effects different people in different ways
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

@jimgward.

Lot of sense there. As they say....Happy to be associated with the remarks of the speaker

I really do think that Cyprus has made a better fist of controlling movement than the UK.

I’m not going back. I’m staying here,,!!
I also think that the Cyprus Police are doing a grand job in curtailing virus- spreading movement

CL
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Our daughter has similar qualifications to this guy and presently works for the Nuffield Trust in Oxford, they are presently developing the vaccine for CV 19 which they hope to have available by September. Because her department are not directly involved in the development they have been told to stay in lockdown at home; I know which advice we will follow.

Jim
Last edited by Jim B on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Tanny wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:16 pm Irrespective of the things he has stated its a little rich to call him an idiot.
But he is an idiot!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:52 pm
Tanny wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:16 pm Irrespective of the things he has stated its a little rich to call him an idiot.
But he is an idiot!
Wikipedia says it all.............

Smuggling claims
On 30 October 2005, the Cyprus Mail reported that Matsiakis' home in Pyrga had been raided twice during the week by police and CID officials, accusing him of smuggling antiquities. The newspaper said that he had "enough chests, amphoras and other artefacts for three antique stores". The first raid took place on 23 October 2005. Matsiakis can be prosecuted under Cypriot law, as the European Parliament lifted his immunity earlier in the month. He will also be charged with attempts to blackmail a drug squad officer in an unrelated case. Police officials found more than 110 chests and hundreds of Grecian urns on his property.[3] Matsakis protested his innocence, stating, "It looks like some people do not want my voice to be heard in Cyprus or Europe."[4]

The Cyprus Mail reported on 22 August 2007 that all cases against Matsakis had collapsed and that he had been cleared. He called for an independent inquiry to examine possible police corruption, and to identify suspected political motives for the initiation of the whole affair, which started only three days after he was elected as a Member of the European Parliament.[5] After two years, authorities returned 250 items that were confiscated from his home. The Attorney General of Cyprus, after studying the case, decided that no charge could be brought against Matsakis and all items seized from his home were to be returned to him.[6]

Racism and homophobia
In 2008, Matsakis asked not to be sent "offensive" emails by fellow MEPs. The emails were invitations to the European Parliament's "Different Families, Same Love" exhibition, which showcased LGBT and mixed race families. He also complained to the president of the European Parliament about posters for the exhibition being stuck up near his office.[7][8] LGBT activists in Cyprus pointed out Matsakis' hypocrisy regarding his stance against "non-normal" families, as his family situation included a child out of wedlock despite his Greek Orthodox beliefs.[9] While participating on the talk show Tolmo in 2012, Matsakis claimed that "homosexuality is not normal" yet asserted that there is no homophobia in Cyprus, despite several studies by the EU and other organisations concluding that Cyprus is one of the most homophobic nations in Europe...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marios_Matsakis
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Dominic wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:52 pm
But he is an idiot!
How do you know this?

And also how do you know that all the UK bus drivers who tragically died actually died from the virus as opposed to dying with it (please quote sources)

Thank you
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Christ, another one.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Funnily enough, if you google "bus drivers who died of flu" you get nothing.
Kili01

Re: At last....a different Opinio

Post by Kili01 »

Does anyone remember Matsakis making a nuisance of himself at the aerial farm outside RAF Akrotiri? He was protesting about the positioning of a new and taller aerial a the aerial farm there. He got all the locals going by telling them that it was a high powered transmitter which would increase the likelihood of people living in Akrotiri village developing cancer.

In fact that aerial farm is a receiving station monitoring the middle east. As such it is not emiting radiation. He spent months sitting up there, until finally removed... He was hindering work on the site,, He also encouraged locals to riot there, and the bases police spent many hours there trying to get him to come down,

After this he went on to become an MEP. Peace descended on the island.

Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This is painful to read. What planet are you on?

If flu was killing bus drivers at anywhere close to the rate that Corona is, it would have been in the news for years. It would have been reported in 2019, and 2018. It would show up in google searches. It doesn't.

Out of curiosity, what are your views on vaccination programs, 5G, and the roundness of the Earth?
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Look at the chart on that same site:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/

Look how many people are dying of Corona compared to flu rates. Already, in Western countries, Corona is killing a lot more than the flu, and that's with all the preventative measures in place.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Beechwood wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm Christ, another one

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... olicy.html
Try this link which compares Sweden's CV19 infection and death rate with its Nordic neighbours.

For Sadie62
If you had the flu and got run over by a bus you wouldn't say you died of flu, would you?

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-swe ... tly-2020-4
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

For somebody claiming not to be a conspiracy theorist you sound very much like one.

"Somethings just don't add up". What does that mean? What theings don't add up?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If you have a mind of your own, why can't you answer the simple question "What doesn't add up"?

Instead you refer me to somebody else's thoughts via somebody else's link.