SMS permission query

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jeba

Re: SMS permission query

Post by jeba »

PW in Polemi wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:49 am So what you are saying is that, technically, I should be going out for 5 days in succession in order to accomplish all the above ... instead of lumping it all under 5 as with the exception of the rubbish, my friend also needs to visit pharmacy, supermarket, ATM ....
Actually, I like the option of enjoying a bike ride to get out of the house and having the excuse of having to dispose of my rubbish.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

30 March 2020

''The Minister later specified that the once per day limit to movements does not apply for transit to/from pharmacies, transits for blood donations, visits to a doctor, visits to people who cannot self-dependent and for transfer of soldiers in the National Guard''.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/tougher ... -covid-19/

Unable to find the article, but in one paper it said the receipt from from the pharmacy was sufficient evidence of the purpose of the visit.

When I went to the pharmacy last week, I phoned first on my mobile phone to make sure the items I required were in stock and gave an approximate time of arrival. Kept the number on my phone, made sure I had my ID and off I went.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

galexinda wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:00 am 30 March 2020

''The Minister later specified that the once per day limit to movements does not apply for transit to/from pharmacies, transits for blood donations, visits to a doctor, visits to people who cannot self-dependent and for transfer of soldiers in the National Guard''.
Unfortunately, the SMS system does not allow more than one permitted movement per day. I used reason 5 in the morning on Saturday, but when I tried to use 2 late afternoon to go collect veggie boxes from a meeting point, it refused me point blank.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

You do not need SMS permission to go to the pharmacy or to the doctor or the other groups mentioned in the above post.
It is not counted as your one permission per day to go out.
Just take your ID.

Another link:

''The use of the certificate of a citizen’s movement in exceptional cases, in accordance with the provisions of Form B, is limited to only once a day*, after permission has been obtained by sending an SMS message to 8998. A written declaration for the movement of citizens in exceptional cases, which falls within the provisions of Form B, shall be used only by persons over 65 years of age.

The decree notes that the once-a-day prohibition does not apply to visits to the pharmacy/blood donation center/doctor, to persons who cannot take care of themselves and transporting a soldier''.
https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/health- ... us-spread/
=============================================================================================================================
Dogwalkers do not need SMS permission to walk the dog.
Just need ID and a utility bill or other proof of their residential address when out with the dog.

''Only one trip is allowed per day, regardless of the method used to attain the relevant approval''.
Walking the dog, visiting the doctor or pharmacy, giving blood or helping vulnerable groups does not count as the one essential trip''.
https://www.financialmirror.com/2020/04 ... istancing/
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

When venturing out with your partner by car as most of us seem to be here.
You both send for your SMS permissions but ask for a different one to your wife, say as an example yours would say a visit to the bank/ATM, and your wife/partner a visit to the supermarket.
Two places one outing :)
Surely no problem with that?
jeba

Post by jeba »

CYWALL wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:13 pm When venturing out with your partner by car as most of us seem to be here.
You both send for your SMS permissions but ask for a different one to your wife, say as an example yours would say a visit to the bank/ATM, and your wife/partner a visit to the supermarket.
I wouldn´t risk that without legal cost insurance.
CYWALL

Post by CYWALL »

jeba wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:49 pm
CYWALL wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:13 pm When venturing out with your partner by car as most of us seem to be here.
I'm not sure I know what you mean there jeba.
jeba

Post by jeba »

CYWALL wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:07 pm
jeba wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:49 pm
I'm not sure I know what you mean there jeba.
That I think there is a risk I´d have to defend that decision in court and that I therefore would only do it if I had legal cost insurance.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

We had used those same reasons on our forms (ie I had selected supermarket and MOH Bank) when we were stopped by the police - all OK.