Face masks

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jeba

Re: Face masks

Post by jeba »

Jimgward wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:12 am What the ‘;experts’ fail to say about mask wearing, is that someone who is contagious and wearing a mask, will not sneeze, cough or blow over you, thereby preventing much of the spread. Forget the protection aspect.
What are you talking about? They all say that.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Kili01 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:49 pmYes.
Sh...ame. I didn´t do my shopping yesterday as I thought I can last for one more day.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Most of the shops are closed today because it is Sunday
Trev..
jeba

Post by jeba »

trevnhil wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:49 am Most of the shops are closed today because it is Sunday
Is that usually the case for supermarkets in your part of the woods? Definitely not here in Larnaca district.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Regarding face masks, the WHO recommendation, at the present, is that wearing them is primarily to protect against infection of others by the wearer and not to protect the wearer against infection by others. Having said this, when the numbers of those that may be infected are not definitively known (which is the case in most countries) one might say that it is prudent that everyone should wear face masks. However if there is not a sufficient supply of face masks for the whole population the latter solution is not viable.
jeba

Post by jeba »

Varky wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:19 amHowever if there is not a sufficient supply of face masks for the whole population the latter solution is not viable.
There are lots of suggestions of how to make your own (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ask+sewing). It might not do enough to protect you (even though it´s still better than nothing) but it will reduce the risk of others being infected by vectors.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

jeba wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:43 am
Jimgward wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:12 am What the ‘;experts’ fail to say about mask wearing, is that someone who is contagious and wearing a mask, will not sneeze, cough or blow over you, thereby preventing much of the spread. Forget the protection aspect.
What are you talking about? They all say that.
Not in the UK they dont