Police checks

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Re: Police checks

Post by Kili01 »

I can’t believe that’s really true. It defies common sense....
Mind you a recent edict said dog owners could only take their dogs out for a walk once a day, which as anyone who is or was a dog owner knows would be impossible., especially if the owner doesn’t have a garden...
Dee
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

On the local version of Paphos Life many locals in Pegia are complaining over the number "British" flouting the lockdown rules in the village. The general consensus is to report this to the authorities.

Jim
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

There is no local version of Paphos Life. It is a monolithic organisation consisting of my wife and I.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jim B wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:41 am On the local version of Paphos Life many locals in Pegia are complaining over the number "British" flouting the lockdown rules in the village. The general consensus is to report this to the authorities.
Jim
A link would be useful.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

By local version , is it the Facebook page ?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/paphosc ... SEARCH_BOX
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have been down to Paphos this morning with the SMS permission.. I saw three road blocks, but never got waved into any :-(
Trev..
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Dominic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:09 am There is no local version of Paphos Life. It is a monolithic organisation consisting of my wife and I.
To clarify
It is a Greek speaking forum on Facebook based in Paphos where people converse in Greek and it provides a service similar to the English speaking Paphos Life..

Varky
I'm sure if you do a search in Greek on Facebook you'll find it and can read it yourself.

Jim
Mark

Post by Mark »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:04 pm I have been down to Paphos this morning with the SMS permission.. I saw three road blocks, but never got waved into any :-(
Hi Trev

I was also out this morning and was stopped twice, text approval and ID both checked.

Bought enough for 2 weeks! Lidl toilet rolls on offer, amazing compared to the situation in the UK.

Several under sixties were turned away by the Lidl security guard. (Pre 10am)

Alpha Mega well stocked, and well organised.
Last edited by Mark on Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discobolus

Post by Discobolus »

Just returned from Nicosia Gen, left home 7.30am, stopped just short of Limassol the Paphos side, we had the self written info, police looked at my wife’s info didn’t look at mine, waved us on, on the way back traffic was being checked coming into Nicosia, there was nothing between Nicosia to Paphos, checks both sides of the road at Mesogi, we weren’t stopped.
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

I went out on Tuesday to do some essential shopping (I actually ticked both 1 and 2 as I needed to go to both a pharmacy and a supermarket so made sense!). I was stopped on two occasions, once by the police who gave my docs a cursory glance and waved me through. The second check was by the army - not sure whether NG or Regular - he studied my docs with interest, asked my age (over 65) and made a note of the car registration and wrote some other details in his pad. I did ask if any problemo but he said no, carry on.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Whilst reading this forum and the related Facebook page, I am struck by the amount of 'going out' that goes on. It is not surprising to read that the epicentre is the Paphos region. It strikes me that dog owners have assumed a carte Blanche approach and others feel the need to go to more than one supermarket for supplies.
I was in Paphos in mid January to mid Feb and towards the end of my stay I experienced several symptoms of the virus over a very short period of time. I have since returned to the UK and am engaged in the UK lockdown. It is not surprising to me that Paphos is the epicentre. I did quite a bit of travelling whilst there and may have unknowingly spread the virus. This is how it is done. Just stay home for a few weeks and build the gap.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Diocletian

You are very wrong, people are acting very responsibly here, in my case , I have not shopped for 2 weeks, today's outing will be the last for at least another 2 weeks.

Yes, I am sure the odd idiot may spoil things for others, hence the 9pm curfew, and ability to only leave home once per day plus the police presence.

I feel people here are well aware, and well informed of the risks.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

And yet we see almost daily fines being levied.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

You have to wonder what kind of idiot would invite other people into their house?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Please can people refrain from stating where police checkpoints are located.

I went to Paphos today, and drove through three checkpoints. I was stopped at two of them. In both cases, they looked at my phone but didn't touch anything.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I was stopped this morning, very polite policeman who kept his distance. Checked my sms including the time I received approval and off I went. Police seem to be doing a good job under the circumstances.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jimgym wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:18 pm Police seem to be doing a good job under the circumstances.
:D :D :D