Cyprus Response re Support for Key Working, Rapairs, Bank Mortgage Holidays etc.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Jimgward

Cyprus Response re Support for Key Working, Rapairs, Bank Mortgage Holidays etc.

Post by Jimgward »

I haven't seen a summary of any of this. I know there is a strict lockdown, but does that also include preventing any maintenance companies working?

Have the Cypriot banks announced any mortgage 'holidays' through the crisis?
Jimgward

Re: Cyprus Response re Support for Key Working, Rapairs, Bank Mortgage Holidays etc.

Post by Jimgward »

Thanks Lloyd - I ask for those two reasons.... I had terrible damage to my solar systems at 2 villas in Peyia and need repairs urgently...

Also, bookings for rentals have fallen over the precipice, as you can imagine, and most booking companies - AirBNB, Homeaway and more, are giving 100% refunds.... so NO income on our pensions.... so we did approach Alpha and as you say, they want to extract blood and all sorts of stuff from us that makes me despair - considering they got the same information last year on some kind of laundering exercise but want it repeated! Forms, bank statements, certificates from accountants and banks, you name it.... compared to the UK, where is is a simple online form for those who want it...
Jimgward

Re: Cyprus Response re Support for Key Working, Rapairs, Bank Mortgage Holidays etc.

Post by Jimgward »

well, The Cyrprus Government has now ordered all loan vendors to give up to 9 months of a payment holiday....