Covid Rules

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JuraHound

Covid Rules

Post by JuraHound »

I know that not all agree with my views on Covid rules, however can someone educate me on the new rules taking place from this Monday. What I can not get my head around is that I will be able to go to a bar or taverna from when they open and stay there all day or visit between opening and 7pm but will have to leave at 7pm. So I would be mixing with lots of people all day even though the establishment and myself will be abiding by the set rules on covid safety. The question I need answering does covid attack people after dark and not during daylight hours. I just can not understand why we can not go out to eat in the evenings? Is there something I am missing here that is obvious or am I correct in thinking that these rules have not been thought through and are total nonsense? Please someone give me a explanation as to the rules that have been made up. Also why is it that shops and Malls are not allowed to have more than one person in the shop within a 10m2 area when WHO state social distancing must be a minimum of 1 or 2 meters? My view on this is that we are being controlled and there is nothing we can do about it, we are not even allowed to say anything negative about it or protest about it otherwise we will be hit with a visit from the police and a fine. Have any Government tried a 2 week relaxation period of going back to normal life with no restrictions, no masks, no rules just being normal and seeing if the cases change on a daily basis (NO THEY HAVE NOT) but they are so very keen to try new restrictions and it has been proven that the last two weeks have made no difference to the figures, in fact they have risen, so a total waste of effort and financial crippling on business. Its now time I think to go back to normal and stop being threatened by the top brass and being feared by the media as this virus has only killed 0.02% of the population of the whole world. Its a virus but not as deadly as everyone is trying to make out.
JuraHound

Re: Covid Rules

Post by JuraHound »

Where is the scientific evidence that the spread of covid is higher in pubs and restaurants because i have not seen any published and the large breweries in UK are also asking BJ to show this, which until now he has not.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Covid Rules

Post by Dominic »

I think the 10m2 thing is more to do with the total amount of people allowed in the shop. Once you are in the shop, you don't have to keep 10 away from everybody else.

With regards to pubs, that's just common sense. Alcohol and responsibile social distancing just do not mix. If they do you have been drinking in the wrong pubs.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.