No Deal

Political debate without name-calling. If you are interested in other people's opinions and fancy discussing them in a civilised fashion then post here. If you prefer a bun fight stick to the main Politics section.
Jim B

Re: No Deal

Post by Jim B » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:13 am

Dominic wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:10 am
The Welsh were very much in favour of Brexit, moreso than the national average. And weren't most of the fishing rights sold off anyway?
According to Welsh reports, the voters in "Little England" which is in Pembrokeshire where the vast majority of the population are English retirees was enough to swing the vote in favour of leave in Wales. That's not my view on what happened but can be checked on line.
Fishing licences and fishing boats the biggest shares are owned by about five British companies.

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2018/1 ... hael-gove/

Devil

Post by Devil » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:59 am

Do not cheer too loudly; no deal has been done yet. It requires all 27 members to approve and ratify the deal before it can be implemented, plus, of course, the UK itself. I do not think there is any problem with the latter because the Labour Party is supporting the government.

Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:32 am

I see the Home Secretary In all her wisdom says the UK will be a safer place after the Brexit deal even though Police Chiefs express concern at the UK being excluded from lots of European security data, amazing how all these ministers know better than the people who actually know what they are talking about.

PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:20 pm

I heard every home will be issued with a dummy CCTV camera and a sign saying "smile you're on camera".
It is I, LeClerc

PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:26 pm

This from Simon Calder today as he works his way through the "deal" information - on the Open Skies agreement.

First, confirmation that the UK is out of the "open skies" aviation agreement, losing "the right for its air carriers to take on board in the territory of a Member State passengers ... destined for another point in the territory of that Member State or any other Member State."

More through the link:
It is I, LeClerc

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Dominic wrote:
Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:10 am
The Welsh were very much in favour of Brexit, moreso than the national average. And weren't most of the fishing rights sold off anyway?
This is a report on the Welsh vote.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... t-research

Professor Dorling has quite a few interesting videos on YouTube.

About half of fishing licenses are owned by foriegn owned companies.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/52420116 ... 20%251%24s