President Trump

Political debate without name-calling. If you are interested in other people's opinions and fancy discussing them in a civilised fashion then post here. If you prefer a bun fight stick to the main Politics section.
Termites Dream

President Trump

Post by Termites Dream » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:48 am

Love him or loathe him or anything in the middle it appears the Democrats are going for Impeachment. The question is do they have the evidence. Does it merit Impeachment if they have evidence, and will it succeed in the Senate trial.

In my view it will not succeed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/a ... icles.html

Devil

Re: President Trump

Post by Devil » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:47 am

It won't pass the Senate unless there is an extraordinary to-do in reserve. However, it gives a dog a bad name before the election.

Termites Dream

Post by Termites Dream » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:23 am

Devil.....I cannot see it getting past the Senate either. I on the other hand think a not guilty will appeal to the GOP base and last polls I saw do not support the Democrats actions. We will see how this plays out.
Last edited by Termites Dream on Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:37 am

I think that that particular dog has already got a black enough name. It is just that people don't seem to care. It is the same with Boris, and the rest of the current conservative shower.

And before people blame the people who vote for them, they should take a look at the opposition, and work out what it is that makes them so unelectable. In the UK's case it is one word: Corbyn.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.

WHL

Post by WHL » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:33 pm

I think the sort of people that vote for Trump, would see, Impeachment threats, as a badge of Honour for their Hero. :cry:

Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:11 pm

No, you have to look at why they would vote for him and not the other candidate.

People these days don't vote for the best candidate, they vote for the one who they think will do the least damage.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.