Skin Cancer - My "New item of Equipment"

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

Originally, I posted this as a follow-up to my original "New item of Equipment" post but, given the seriousness of skin cancer, I have decided to make a separate post of it so that the problems I had have more visibility:

Post by D&PG » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:41 pm

As a follow-up to my earlier post, I was right and the lump on my arm was a form of skin cancer after all - Squamous Cell Carcinoma.

Having followed my GP's advice about getting the splinter out of my arm, nothing happened other than the lump started to look more than a little alarming. The best way to describe it is that it looked like a little volcano. It had a diameter of about 1/2" and was about 1/4" high. GP's can't be expected to know everything, the name says it all "General" Practitioners, so I decided to see a Dermatologist privately, as a return to Cyprus and other travel plans are looming so time is not on my side to wait for an NHS appointment, and I now have a nice new scar about 3" long on my arm! The Dermatologist explained that, until fairly recently, Squamous Cell Carcinoma was regarded as very low level skin cancer, but attitudes are now shifting and it is no longer regarded as such, and it has moved up the nastiness scale. Fortunately, the subsequent histology showed that he had got it all.

Just goes to show that you can't be too careful.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Skin Cancer - My "New item of Equipment"

Post by Dominic »

Glad you got it sorted. :shock:
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.