Geocaching - Back in the UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
2QuarterPints

Geocaching - Back in the UK

Post by 2QuarterPints »

Been back in the UK for just over a week now and I am still shivering and, needless to say, suffering from the obligatory post-flight cold!

Literally hundreds of caches within a 5 miles radius of where we live but, having started to look at them, we are are more than a bit disappointed by many of them as they are so easy. From our early experiences in Cyprus, where most "hints" are at least a little bit cryptic, most of them here seem to be of the "look under the brick at the foot of the 4th pole along" genre! Think we will have to start narrowing down our searches to higher difficulty ratings.

Back in Cyprus in early February, and if anyone wants some geocaching supplies bringing back, please PM. If they are not too bulky/heavy, we would be happy to help out.

Having persuaded Mrs G that we need a catchier geocaching Profile Name, we are now "2QuarterPints". Think about it.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Geocaching - Back in the UK

Post by Dominic »

With hints it all depends on the cache. I like putting caches in remote locations. If somebody has gone to all the effort to reach the location, I think it a bit mean to only offer them a cryptic clue if they can't find it.

Personally, I think groundspeak should allow owners to specify two clues. Like a major and a minor spoiler. Then it would be up to the searcher.

But remember also, that nobody actually forces you to use the clues at all. You could always just not read them. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.