Our first Hides

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
2QuarterPints

Our first Hides

Post by 2QuarterPints »

With 59 "finds" and a few "did not finds" under our belts, and more than a few hair raising moments when off road, we decided it was time to hide some caches ourselves, so we spent the day in the Mandria area setting up 3 hides. Nothing too difficult and, as with most caches, they are there to draw attention to features in an area that can be overlooked quire easily. They have now been submitted and approval is awaited with bated breath. Off back to the UK on Wednesday and back in February so, strictly speaking, we should not have made the hides as we are not immediately on hand for maintenance tasks, but we will be back soon and have noticed that a lot of hides have been made by far flung people so we do not feel too guilty about it. Short of a major geocaching catastrophe (do they exist) they should be fine.

Wandering around the highways and byways of Yorkshire will not compare with doing the same here, but it will have its compensations, particularly roaring log fires in country pubs!
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Our first Hides

Post by Dominic »

Technically you need a sponsor if you are away for a long time. You can get away with it because you live in Cyprus. If you tried to place a cache in Yorkshire you would probably get told you need a sponsor though.

In reality you should be fine though. For our first two caches in Cyprus, which I placed several years ago, I needed a sponsor. But they never had to do anything. So unless you have placed your cache in a dried up riverbed, then you will be fine. I will find them next time i am in Mandria though, and if you do have a problem, just yell, and I will know where to go to check on them.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

Thanks very much Dominic. Two are on/near the Mandria coast and one near the Asprokremnos Dam so not far from Mandria. Once they are approved I will let you have the details.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Is your home location Cyprus or the UK on the GC site? If it is UK they will ask you for a sponsor. You can use my id if you want.
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

Just checked and I have put my location as Paphos, Cyprus / West Yorkshire UK as we divide our time between the two fairly evenly. From what you have said, it sounds as though I may need sponsors at both ends, so your offer is really appreciated. Please could you confirm your ID for me and I will amend my submissions to say that you have offered to sponsor me?

Back in the UK we have a neighbour that we suspect will soon be interested, as she is a big walking enthusiast, and we will not make any hides unless we get her on board first.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This is one of mine. You can pull the details off it.

https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC6 ... 3b1c35b64f
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

☺ I have replied through Geocaching.com. Think I may have accidentally done it twice!