Bayern Munich wins record 7th straight Bundesliga title

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Bayern Munich wins record 7th straight Bundesliga title

Post by cyprusmax47 »

In the last game of the season a 5-1 win against Frankfurt secured the 7th title ... I am quite a happy bunny...
Maybe next week Bayern can win the double when it plays for the German Cup at Berlin.

Max
STELIOSBWFC

Re: Bayern Munich wins record 7th straight Bundesliga title

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Well done Max to your team and hope they win the cup final mate. Hope you had a few German beers to salute that great win.
jeba

Post by jeba »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:26 pm In the last game of the season a 5-1 win against Frankfurt secured the 7th title ... I am quite a happy bunny...
Maybe next week Bayern can win the double when it plays for the German Cup at Berlin.

Max
Aren´t you from the Nürnberg area? Isn´t your support for Bayern München rather than for the 1. FCN tantamount to treason then?
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

STELIOSBWFC wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:24 am Well done Max to your team and hope they win the cup final mate. Hope you had a few German beers to salute that great win.
No beers Stelios, but with every goal from Bayern I enjoyed a small Scotch. It was ever so emotional when the two very iconic players: Ribery and Robben made each one goal, in their last appearance in a Bundesliga match, as they both leave the club after so many years successful playing.
Specially Ribery's goal, was the highlight of the match, just minutes on the pitch as a substitute, he scored a world class goal, after a solo, leaving all defenders behind and chipped the ball over the goalie Trapp. It was his 124th goal in 12 years with Bayern. I could see a lot of tears after the match(including myself)....

Max
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You big softie.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

jeba wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:43 am
cyprusmax47 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 7:26 pm In the last game of the season a 5-1 win against Frankfurt secured the 7th title ... I am quite a happy bunny...

Max
Aren´t you from the Nürnberg area? Isn´t your support for Bayern München rather than for the 1. FCN tantamount to treason then?
Well, what I like to enjoy is a good football match, perhaps with a lot of goals or at least a lot of dangerous situations near the box. I left my hometown more than 40 years ago towards the far South of Bavaria (Garmisch-Partenkirchen) at a time when Bayern Munich became more successful so I watched their games for a short period and moved than on to stay permanently in Cyprus. Here I had other interests than watching football ( e.g. I had my own organic citrus farm) and in times before internet it was difficult to watch football on telly here anyhow.

Nowadays I have the time as a single to watch whatever good match comes on. In German football it is the FC Bayern my favourite club, but also good matches in the PL or Serie A and of course most of the Champions League games. Specially in winter time it get's always very late until they finish, so I have to cope with only 5 hours sleep Tue/Wed/Thu as I am a early bird... Never mind!

Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

STELIOSBWFC wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 2:24 am Well done Max to your team and hope they win the cup final mate. Hope you had a few German beers to salute that great win.
Well, they just won the German Cup 3-0 which means they won the "double" again for the 12th time.... great!!

Max