Snow..... (video)

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Snow..... (video)

Post by cyprusmax47 »

If one wants to see how snow looks when it get's too much.... (one reason that I don't like snow anymore...)

Max
TLR

Re: Snow..... (video)

Post by TLR »

Thanks Max for reminding me why i moved here.......it could be a lot worse!!!!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

TLR wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:50 pm Thanks Max for reminding me why i moved here.......it could be a lot worse!!!!
This video is two days old and in the news just now they expect another 1,5 meter!! on top of that tonight. More than 2000 tourists are already trapped, partly without electricity and food....as there is a large danger of avalanches.. also many roofs are in danger to collapse if they are not cleared from too much heavy snow.

Max
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

My colleague in Finland has broken his house twice! By not removing snow from. his roof!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Jimgward wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:18 pm My colleague in Finland has broken his house twice! By not removing snow from. his roof!

When I had still my house in Bavaria it was an horrible job to clear the snow every week from the roof's 20 solar panels, otherwise no hot water for my underfloor heating system in the house. A terrible electricity waste was the guttering electric heating, installed to prevent that there was ice building up in the rainwater gutters. It had 3 kW and was on all night for month... That time I had more than 10.000 kWh/year consumption but was only 3 month in Germany and the rest in Cyprus...it was the time when I ordered luckily an Energy Consultant to study my place...

Max