Quadcopters

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
ApusApus

Quadcopters

Post by ApusApus »

These have taken off, pardon the pun, dramatically over the last couple of years & whilst most users are responsible individuals there is a small minority who are not! Here is a small clip which shows what happens when one of these collides with the wing of an aeroplane …………… anybody still think they shouldn't be licenced?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech ... -aircraft/

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Quadcopters

Post by Dominic »

Licensing is irrelevent. You already need one in Cyprus for most uses. What's needed is punitive punishment for flying in no-fly zones.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

I bet the AlQueda/Isis/Isil or any of the other terrorist groups are laughing their socks off

They can be legally purchased and imagine one of them going into a 747 wing while it is waiting to take off full of passengers with 160tons of combustable fuel on board and 400-500 passengers.

The video did sadly remind me of the planes hitting the twin towers. Now they don't need too hijack
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

I didn't consider that scenario when I started the thread as I was trying to highlight the dangers caused by quadcopter enthusiasts but you are quite right Mirek, a few grams of high explosive material in one of these things could have disastrous consequencies! But I am sure that our security forces are on top of their game and will do what ever is necessary to protect us when needed?

Shane