Fireworks

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
WHL

Fireworks

Post by WHL »

A lot of people, moaning about the fireworks going of over Easter,
I hope they take a look at what's going on back in the UK, personally I dont mind kids letting off steam for a day or two every year, it sort of puts things into perspective.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/16/mass-bra ... -14588347/

https://metro.co.uk/2021/05/10/man-film ... -14550983/
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Fireworks

Post by Dominic »

Also, people were driving around Golders Green with Palestine flags draped over their cars yelling "Rape all jews" at the tops of the voice. And what about all the Sectarian nonsense in Glasgow after the football finished?

Mind you, you could find similar stories in every country. Cyprus' forte seems to be car bombs, whereas the US goes for mass shootings. It doesn't mean that it is ok to set off a load of fireworks that cause an awful lot of fires.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Re: Fireworks

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:26 am Also, people were driving around Golders Green with Palestine flags draped over their cars yelling "Rape all jews" at the tops of the voice. And what about all the Sectarian nonsense in Glasgow after the football finished?

Mind you, you could find similar stories in every country. Cyprus' forte seems to be car bombs, whereas the US goes for mass shootings. It doesn't mean that it is ok to set off a load of fireworks that cause an awful lot of fires.
Point taken Domonic, Cyprus is by far from being perfect, but in the big scheme of daily living, I feel alot safer over here then most places, Saturday night we didnt get a wink of sleep, because we live close by to Anothosis football ground, and the firework celebrations didnt stop, because they won the cup, but people need to let steam off especially in this lock down period, and if firework noise is as bad as it gets, im not complaining .