Boris To Defund the BBC & axe TV Licence Fee

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
Uncle D

Boris To Defund the BBC & axe TV Licence Fee

Post by Uncle D »

David
WHL

Re: Boris To Defund the BBC & axe TV Licence Fee

Post by WHL »

The bloke in the video comes over like a bit of a twit, but in this day and age it is ridiculous for people to be charged for a TV licence.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Im not sure if you watched the whole video, but the parts about the BBC making 1.4 billion in revenue from their commercial arm last year and the huge redundancy pay offs to staff then to re-employ them again on a freelance basis is a insult to TV licence payers.
if you google Alex Bellfield he is a journalist and radio presenter who has worked for many newspapers and radio stations including the BBC.
I sometimes think that he has an axe to grind but most of the things he says turn out to be true.
David
WHL

Post by WHL »

Uncle D wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:17 am Im not sure if you watched the whole video, but the parts about the BBC making 1.4 billion in revenue from their commercial arm last year and the huge redundancy pay offs to staff then to re-employ them again on a freelance basis is a insult to TV licence payers.
if you google Alex Bellfield he is a journalist and radio presenter who has worked for many newspapers and radio stations including the BBC.
I sometimes think that he has an axe to grind but most of the things he says turn out to be true.
Yes I did see the video, and agree with what he said re the BBC, its just the way he comes over that I didnt like,