The 3 hours that upset Trump? By Jon Sopel

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

The 3 hours that upset Trump? By Jon Sopel

Post by Devil »

Were these the three hours that upset Trump’s campaign?

Jon Sopel, the BBC correspondent for Washington, has written a very long essay explaining impartially how Donald Trump's campaign has recently derailed. Especially if you are interested in American politics, it is well worth the read. It is still worth skimming through, even if American politics leaves you cold; if only because they affect you indirectly, no matter where you live or your nationality.
As Air Force One came to a halt at Tulsa International Airport on a bright Oklahoma summer’s day and the hatch opened, there - waiting impatiently to get out - was President Trump.

He was jovial. Playful. Skittish almost. He was pouting for the cameras and was pulling teasing faces: “Shall I come down the stairs or not?” “Should I, shouldn’t I?”

And then, much later, there was his arrival back at the White House later that night, where Marine One had ferried him back to the South Lawn from Andrews Airforce Base in Maryland. He got off the chopper and the man looked broken. His spirit crushed.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/58ewrg ... nald-trump