Royalty

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
WHL

Royalty

Post by WHL »

Time to finally put Royalty into the dustbin of history?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... ove-abroad
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Royalty

Post by Dominic »

You have got to be kidding. You speak of history, but perhaps you should study it a bit more? This is small beer compared to some of the shenanigans royalty has got up to over the ages.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:58 am You have got to be kidding. You speak of history, but perhaps you should study it a bit more? This is small beer compared to some of the shenanigans royalty has got up to over the ages.
I agree with you Dominic, Royalty got away with so much nasty evil stuff,that I would need a week or two to post just a fraction of it,
but that was back in the day, when people were uneducated, believed what they were fed, or too scared to oppose them,
we are in 2020, were people are more educated and will not believe things because its in the papers,
In my opinion Royalty belongs back in the middle ages,
and I think it is obscene that people bow and curtsy to someone just because of an accident of birth.

The ex King of Spain is allowed to go and live in luxury in another country after stealing millions of pounds, prince Andrew is allowed to hide behind his mothers skirt, accused of Pedo crimes, if that was you or me or Joe Bloggs, we would be doing a long long stretch, says it all.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I won't comment on the Spanish situation as I know nothing about it. However, given that the Epstein affair is still ongoing in the courts, it is too soon to say.

As an aside, why was Bill Wyman never arrested? Didn't Mandy Smith admit to having under-age sex with him?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:11 pm I won't comment on the Spanish situation as I know nothing about it. However, given that the Epstein affair is still ongoing in the courts, it is too soon to say.

As an aside, why was Bill Wyman never arrested? Didn't Mandy Smith admit to having under-age sex with him?
As for prince Andrew,his disastera's interview on TV, told us everything we wanted to know, he lied through his teeth, in my opinion, and 99% of viewers who watched it.

I guess Bill Wyman is a wealthy celeb, who would of employed high powered lawyers etc, and I doubt if Mandy Smith or her mum would of testified against him.'
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Only the Grauniad can take 19 paragraphs to say what a couple of sentences can convey. They've taken verbosity to a new level.
WHL

Post by WHL »

DavidatLWH wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:58 pm Only the Grauniad can take 19 paragraphs to say what a couple of sentences can convey. They've taken verbosity to a new level.
Thank Goodness for Google, other wise I wouldn't have a clue what you were saying :shock:
josef k

Post by josef k »

When the present Queen finally shuffles off, it will be a good opportunity to abolish the monarchy. They have no place in the 21st century.
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

josef k wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:46 pm When the present Queen finally shuffles off, it will be a good opportunity to abolish the monarchy. They have no place in the 21st century.
Neither does Democracy and it is far older.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Having met and had the pleasure of many queens company over the years I can honestly say what a vital part of society they are. Quite apart from eh fact dustbins and queens most certainly do not belong in the same sentence, how very dare you! Call me biased if you wish.... :D
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Lastly queen I met, was a singer in a pub in London... Met Prince Andrew in Barcelona, at a trade event, where he was rude, pompous and thick!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

JGW

My friend's daughter served in the Royal Navy at the same time as Andrew. I have to say that she more or less agreed with your view.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

My friend served in the Falklands on the ship Andrew was supposedly on. He was left in Ascension Island until the war was over.. then appeared. I don’t blame anyone for doing that, including Andrew, as it would be a terrible tragedy for a Prince to be killed... but him claiming he was there, is all wrong.

When I met Andrew, I had to introduce him to Innovative companies in the early days of Mobile Apps - way before iPhones etc. He was rude to every company and was the worst trade ambassador you could imagine. I had to hold one lady back, who wanted to lamp him!

He gave himself that role and every civil servant has agreed he was only ever in it for himself.

I don’t believe William and many others are the same, however, the few bad apples infect the barrel, when they aren’t rooted out. So, it’s in their hands if they want a continuation of the monarchy.